• This topic has 70 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Who's HONCing?
  • Fantombiker

I am doing it for the first time, 100km. Looking for a reasonably fast time on a hardtail. Anybody got any advice on tyres, I’ve got racing ralphs or Bontrager muds?

mrmo
    Free Member

I am doing it for the first time, 100km. Looking for a reasonably fast time on a hardtail. Anybody got any advice on tyres, I’ve got racing ralphs or Bontrager muds?

Ralphs, the tracks are dry-ish*. and getting dryer with no rain forecasted. Most of the route is on hard tracks and tarmac.

*I will not be accountable for any change that may occur between now and then…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Its going to piss it down. I know it will as my mudguards are just about to come off.

peteimpreza

Has anyone got the 100k route file to load to Garmin connect?

I keep getting a error message

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have a change Cranham/Lecky/Miserden/Birdlip/Slad valley etc.

DrP

Pete – I’ve got it loaded to my GPS via memory map…

Not that that helps, but we could stick together like birds of a feather? Plus – I just want to tease Rob for 60 miles… The course at BBB isn’t long enough for proper bullying.

DrP

peteimpreza

Which GPS?

I will be way too slow for you guys and the rote is marked anyway.

Just wanted it on my Garmin as a backup.

singletrackmind

I might have been doing some training riding recently that will help , alas not enough to outrun the Honk at HoNC that will be attatched to DrP’s bars.
    Weather looks perfect at the moment , light winds , sunshine and 12’c.
    Will aim for the 100k route , and see how i get on .

oldgit
    Free Member

Me on my ten ton tessy 29er. 99.99% of that tonnage is due to the slime inner tubes, I’ve had a month of punctures.

Last time I did it there was a blizzard and the group I was with ended up huddled behind a drystone wall.

Did a 300km Saturday, hopefully this’ll be a piece of cake.

peteimpreza

Anyone been able to load the route files to a Garmin yet?

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I use bike route toaster, you can import the file into Garmin connect but it’s a bit of a faf converting the file to a different type of gpx. BRT also lets you add course points too, I always mark the top of every big climb and the half way stop.

chasinabeeinacar
    Free Member

I’ve deleted my confirmation e mail by mistake. Does anybody know if this is likely to cause massive problems with registering come Sunday morning?

oldgit
    Free Member

Go to entry central and look for your name, your number will be there. I did the same.

chasinabeeinacar
    Free Member

Cheers

peteimpreza

Go to Entry Central and use the email organiser link with your number.

They will re-send the confirmation email to you.

bamboo
    Free Member

Sorry for being so blatant but I have a spare entrance available in the classifieds

Cheers

gazerath
    Free Member

Be my tenth time doing it, always done the 50k route preiously, doing the 100 this time.

Wondering if I should put cross tyres on my 29er. make the drags and roads more enjoyable.

clubber
    Free Member

I rode my first five or so on mtbs (including a 6″ full susser one year…). When I got my first CX I rode it on that and I reckon it’s brilliant and for me made it an even better event – the road stuff felt easy and the less interesting offroad stuff became more challenging. I’m not riding this year but would definitely be on a CX if I was.

or to gaz, on a 29er with CX tyres as an alternative.

DrP

Having ridden the CX bike for a few miles yesterday ( well, 130..) I’m tending towards the 29er ss just for a change…
    Will I regret this?!

DrP

aracer
    Free Member

Another entry for sale if anybody is interested
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-honc-entry-13

mrmo
    Free Member

Having ridden the CX bike for a few miles yesterday ( well, 130..) I’m tending towards the 29er ss just for a change…
    Will I regret this?!

DrP

your call, but HONC is really a CX sportive to use modern descriptions.

clubber
    Free Member

So long as you do it in the borat mankini, you’ll be fine DrP 😉

orangeboy
    Free Member

I put cx tyres on my stans wheels and used my el mariachi last year , worked fine and huge mud cleance. Did look a little odd with the drop bars in though
    This year a proper cx bike and can’t wait

Kryton57

Good grief.

Just get on a bike and ride the **** thing.

vinnyeh

Broke a valve stem changing tyres on the mtb, and cba going out and trying to buy another, so probably going to be the XO2, but keep sneaking a look at the Domane, and wondering whether it’d be more comfortable. If I could fit cx tyres on it I’d be riding that I think.

grahamh
    Free Member

I rode some of the course last night. There are bits out there that are still ‘slightly moist’.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Can someone send me the .gpx? I’ve managed to get a transfer entry but haven’t got the file that was sent out on Monday. Cheers

grahamh
    Free Member

Have a look in your inbox, I’ve just sent them to you.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m HONCing, but only because I wore my bib shorts a second day.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Thanks.

DrP

Krypton spoke the truth…!

I got on the SS.
    I rode the bloody thang.
    And no one was killed to bits…!

DrP

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Who's HONCing?’ is closed to new replies.