Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who skipped Le Tour to focus on the Olympics?
  • Kahurangi

So who was absent from the TdF, presumably to focus on the Olympic RR or TT?

Didn’t see Thor Hushovd this year, what’s he up to? He’s capable of getting over some hills and still having a sprint finsh left. Or even sprinting off the front of a breakaway.

Who else sat it out?

ElShalimo

Geraint Jones

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Hushovd

already said he’s not riding

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Boonen 😯

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Geraint Thomas and Tom Boonen for a start

EDIT damn slow typing

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Cancellara pulled out due to childbirth.

ElShalimo

reggiegasket – Member

– that must have really hurt
    😉

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Apparently when the child is coming its too late to pull out… 🙄

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Not soon enough I think he’ll find

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cav, in reality? Which made the stage wins all the more special IMO.

Edric64
    Free Member

Yes because Cav looked like he had it easy hauling his sprinters body over mountains

MussEd
    Free Member

The BBC, until Sunday night, for an hour. Now back into full Olympic Obsession mode again…

tracknicko
    Free Member

Cav, in reality? Which made the stage wins all the more special IMO.

ummmmm. you what?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Didn’t see Thor Hushovd this year, what’s he up to?

He’s been struggling with a virus for the large part of the season and hasn’t fully recovered hence why he pulled out of the TdF. He has also been replaced by Vegard Stake Laengen for the Olympics.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not a crit of Cav, just an indirect assessment of his priorities. Rode a magnificent and sensible TDF with a different ultimate objective to other team members ie win Olympic gold. Not suggesting in any way that he “had it easy”, of course not. But sensibly he did not trash himself.

Edric64
    Free Member

He looked pretty **** every time I saw him interviewed and apparently asked the team medics if he was ok to continue at one point but was told yes .So I think it was as hard as usual for him

lunge

Boonen. He is my bet for the Olympics as I think the course has a distinct spring classics feel to it and he was Immence early season.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Boonan cracked a rib last week in the tour of Poland. He’s still due to ride, but unknown what it’ll do to his chances

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who skipped Le Tour to focus on the Olympics?’ is closed to new replies.