Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Who is waiting on the imminent drop of El Guapos?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Me and Simonm, anyone else?

06awjudd
    Free Member

I was going to get the Raw one with a CCDB, but ended up getting a 2011 Orange Five frame for the same price – more out of impatience then anything else 🙂
    I am a bit of a sucker for Oranges though 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

anyone?

jota180
    Free Member

Looks like they’re lemons then?

At least it isn’t an Orange 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Asked Brant on twitter and he said a new QC method means the 29ers won’t be here until March 🙁

rob-jackson
    Free Member

why would they say yes?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

but the next two batches are due next week and a few weeks later – these are not end of line just last in stock

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On an off-chance they wanted to sell it off as it was the last one. Usually companies sell off the last of the lot at a sale price..

Everything at on one is at sale prices already

chillidave
    Free Member

I am! Waiting for mine to replace the over-low BB frame I had, very happy with On-One’s service, but really hoping they’ll come in early so I can build it up next week.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am hoping for early this coming week also – brant?

graemelandau
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been waiting since end of November! They assure me that it’ll be next week. If not, I’m cancelling and getting a nomad.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Why are you waiting from November – they had them in stock until 2 weeks ago?

graemelandau
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a medium in white with CCDB, they told me they haven’t had any in stock for 3 months!! Not very pleased with the service, how hard is it to keep people (who have paid for a frame) up to date?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

2 medium super raw in stock – any use?

graemelandau
    Free Member

In hindsight yes, but after waiting this long and getting all the parts based on a white frame, not really. If they get one to me in the next week or so, that’s fine. Any longer, then it’s time for a re-think. I wouldn’t mind if they kept me updated but they haven’t onced contacted me.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am *meant* to be getting mine this week or it could be 4-6 weeks 🙁 If so then i have a decision to make about another frame 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought you were already negotiating on another frame rob?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

eh?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Your thread asking for a frame?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats whilst i wait for the el guapo to land – i am frameless at the minute

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s my point.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

confused

smiff
    Free Member

arg lots of confusion. there is an imminent drop – of 26ers.
    the Guapo 29ers are delayed until March probably (not sure why it takes 2 months to do some QC but yeah. unless they already had them made wrong and started again? no idea), the 26ers are still available now/more next week hopefully and should also be correct geo. hope so ‘cos i’m waiting for a 26er right now..

read:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/el-guapo-29-delay-833932.html

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mine has gone from “this week” to “around a month away” 🙁

Gutted

graemelandau
    Free Member

Rob, have they just told you that?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yes

graemelandau
    Free Member

it’s a bloody nightmare!! Sent them an email to see what response I get. I’ll let you know.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just bought a spesh pitch frame as a stop gap measure, may end up liking it!

chillidave
    Free Member

Just heard mine is delayed from being a couple of weeks to another 6 weeks, quite disappointing.

smiff
    Free Member

if you’re waiting for 29ers (?), then yeah, march is about 6 weeks away. listen to brant, he’s the one in on-one with a clue generally 😉
    if you’re waiting for 26ers, sounds like something else has gone wrong, they were supposed to be in this week i was told last week 😯 website now says Feb apart from a few in stock..

Pitch is a similar bike to Guapo, was considering one, similar suspension, maybe Guapo bit more XC, Pitch a bit more DH/freeride? i’ve ridden both but may just be my mate’s Pitch build with Pikes etc. both are spesh Horst link.

IA

I’d see the Guapo as more DH personally… it was designed like that, whereas the pitch was/is a cheap stumpy, which has always been more of a trail bike?

Anyway, anyone after a large check my ads, will split the frame 😉

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

zcheap stumpy? how dare you!

graemelandau
    Free Member

yep, just spoke to On-One, another delay of 5 – 6 weeks!!!!!! Cancelled my order. What do people think adbout the Transition Covert frame as an alternative?

stevied
    Free Member

Who’s waiting for the imminent seriously, are they coming, drop of El Guapo’s?
    FTFY
    I’m glad I didn’t opt for an EG judging by this thread

smiff
    Free Member

well there’s nothing else as good for the price except the Pitch frames when they were on sale for £500 or something?, and the Mega from CRC ditto.
    so you waits or you pays more 🙂
    on-one just seem to be having mnfr/QC problems in Taiwan they are doing the right thing imho, other than customer service being a clusterf**k where everyone relies on brant, who’s meant to be the designer, for support/sales info and who knows what the rest of on-one do.
    /rant over.

graemelandau
    Free Member

transition covert ordered, should have it in 3 days (weather depending!!) Found the On-One experience very painful, shame coz the frame was my first choice

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

How much for the covert Graeme?

graemelandau
    Free Member

£1100, with 142 conversion kit (I’ve already got a 135 wheelset). It’s a 2012 but that doesn’t bother me.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Dammit !! Thought you had found somewhere with sub 1k Coverts as they are on my list ABOVE the El Guapo but my bank mgr says i must be under 1k

graemelandau
    Free Member

That’s a shame Matt, just another £100 🙁 For anyone interested here’s what Charlie at On-One said to me earlier……

HI Greame

when i mailed you 2 weeks ago, the frames were about to be set aside for the pre orders and air freighted. at least this was our instruction to the factory. however. once the request was sent… the factory informed us that the production finished early and they had already loaded the container onto the ship.. not good. we were fuming..this unfortunately means they will be here in 6 weeks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Who is waiting on the imminent drop of El Guapos?’ is closed to new replies.