Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)
  • who here is pretending to be someone else and libelling me online?
  • bearnecessities

Do I win a prize?

Cake would be nice.

boblo
    Free Member

Unfortunately Al, you’ve shot yourself in the bollix putting up a fake review in a false name. How can you expect sympathy when someone else does the same?

convert

I posted the previous review under a false name as I’d been threatened with violence by the staff.

Well if you’ve actually done that (not made up the incident, but twisted it by adding a third party witness element with a fictitious outraged potential customer and loss of business) I think the only thing the responder has done wrong is added your employers name to the comment which might put you in a spot of bother. The rest of it isn’t a million miles off the truth is it? You’ve probably pissed off a fair few folk with your slightly agro online persona over the years.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

No, try again slow coach

You’re still nowhere near correct though…

I think that it was boblo given the joy they appear to be getting out of it.

grum
    Free Member

Admit it, you’re loving the drama/attention. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if you’d written both posts yourself.

camo16
    Free Member

Unless this is all behind-the-scenes STW politics – which I don’t get – I must be having a really slow brain day. 🙁

boblo
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member
    No, try again slow coach
    You’re still nowhere near correct though…

I think that it was boblo given the joy they appear to be getting out of it.

Don’t think so. I’d have to give a toss to do something like that and, well, I don’t. 😛

slackalice
    Free Member

@ BN – in this case, you can have your cake and eat it. What flavour would you like? 😉

breadcrumb

Did you tell anyone you had posted a review? Seems odd that someone that you’ve upset stumbled upon it..

toppers3933
    Free Member

I don’t agree with either of the reviews. They’re both a bit childish and nasty. There is however an element of what goes around comes around.

scaredypants

FFS! – just had a look at the original thread. Al posted a link to the tripadvisor page a week ago 🙄

Making it pretty easy for your “haterz” there Al

kcal

Can you select any icon you like? Why are the AlastairSn / (Al) and JeremyP (not TJ) icons the same??

cynic-al
    Free Member

My review is true – that’s what happened – I just used 3rd person & alias to protect myself.

I think that’s reasonable after a threat of violence.

scaredypants

Well, in fairness, what of the “response” is actually untrue ?

soobalias
    Free Member

either its all Al (have you been watching fight club?)

or its Fred (still not got a life?)

when someone works it out can you change the thread title to reflect it please

bigjim

who here is pretending to be someone else and libelling me online?

It looks like you are, and someone else is too, or they are both you (Al could be Alistair or Alan) and it is a great big troll.

Either way you have admitted to pretending to be someone else and slagging a company off online under a false name yourself!

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at the other thread <sigh> Should we also discuss winding the cafe owner up by chaining a bike there just to annoy him?

C’mon jeez… The playgrounds over there ->

convert

My review is true – that’s what happened – I just used 3rd person & alias to protect myself.

Sorry Al, I don’t agree with that at all. You could have easily written the review in the 1st person as the aggrieved/wronged party and still used an alias to protect yourself. You didn’t because, and as a bright bloke you know this perfectly well, a third party version of the event is a lot stronger and carries more weight than a first person account in this case. Especially when you put a ‘I was about to go into Cafe Cortado but I didn’t because of it’ angle on it. The aggrieved cyclist’s opinion will always be less trusted as they look to have an axe to grind however legitimate your case may be.

Put simply, you wrote it as you did because ‘don’t use this cafe as they were really nasty to me when I tried to lock my bike up outside’ sounds crap.

Markie
    Free Member

Well, in fairness, what of the “response” is actually untrue ?

This.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

And this.

andyl
    Free Member

So Al did write the original review there? I’m confused.

Hang on I don’t really care. It’s all idiocy. The whole thing.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I think that’s reasonable after a threat of violence.

I haven’t read the other thread. If the threat was so real, did you inform the police or exhaust all other channels in the physical world? By this, I mean something like visit the café again to sort it out once all had calmed down. Your actual response doesn’t look reasonable at all, it looks cowardly and vindictive. You’ve attempted to destroy somebody’s livelihood and reputation – I’d suggest stepping away from the Internet for a while to work out just how actions always have consequences, and to find a better way to deal with all your daily frustrations.

“If everyone were to take an eye for an eye, soon enough we’d all be blind”

poah
    Free Member

why didn’t you write the review as yourself ya big pussy

slowoldman

Given Ruth Rendell has just died, I don’t suppose we’ll get to the bottom of it.

nealglover
    Free Member

You say in your first post in the thread, that people should handle these situations like adults and deal with it themselves.

Then it turns out you wrote a snidey review, under a false name to get back at a cafe you may (or may not) have visited.

Inventing an independent witness to agree with your side of events is quite pathetic, and pretending it was for your personal safety is even worse.

Take your own advice and handle things “like an adult” or don’t bother at all.

Having said that, the “Jeremy” reply is just as bad, for the same reasons. Although through first hand experience, more people on here seem to agree that jeremy’s account is accurate, as nobody else here witnessed the bike locking up incident, nobody can do the same for yours. (Apart from your imaginary “witness”)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

…but is the coffee any good?

DezB
    Free Member

Does anyone actually give a shit what weirdos post on Tripadvisor?

Drac

It’s a free if you spend £40 I think.

martinhutch

Jaysus H Christ. You couldn’t make it up.

Or maybe you could.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Great impartial post there Neal 🙄

ton

i wish i was clever enough to say it was me.
    just desserts i reckon tho……what goes around and all that…. 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

This is all getting a bit fruity.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

just desserts i reckon

Pudding?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I don’t think he / they / whoever are allowed pudding.

I reckon this could all easily have been sorted out by just nicking a few of their spoons instead

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can’t see the street sign on Google street view . . . damn City tour buses 😉

footflaps

Storm in a tea cup?

camo16
    Free Member

Hard to remember a few hours ago when I felt pretty outraged on Al’s behalf. 😳

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Pudding?

Humble Pie. Baked fresh today.

BoardinBob

So in simple terms

Someone was a dick to cynic-al in real life so he was a dick to them online. Now someone has been a dick to cynic-al online and there are toys on the ground around his pram

konabunny
    Free Member

but it’s like an Ouroborus circle of life pram in which the toys thrown out of one pram land in another pram giving fresh throwing ammunition?

nealglover
    Free Member

Great impartial post there Neal

I’m sorry, I must have missed the bit where I signed a contract for the BBC and had to remain impartial.

I’m allowed an opinion aren’t I ?

Or would you prefer it if I invented a third person to voice my opinion “independently” on my behalf ? 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘who here is pretending to be someone else and libelling me online?’ is closed to new replies.