Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Who hates christmas?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Your starter for 10… 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, love it.

Hate all the fiasco before mind, but the day and days after are ace.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Generally people who can put more effort into hating and avoiding then they can to relax and enjoy themselves 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I love Christmas.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

footflaps

Fairly indifferent to it. We’re off skiing over xmas, so will pretty much ignore it.

RustySpanner

Eaten a dozen mince pies already.
    Doesn’t everybody love mince pies?

How about getting with the program? Why don’t you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I love Christmas. 10 days off, family, food, drink.

But it’s way too early to be speaking of it. I won’t speak about it in our house until December – other than a few necessary invites and so on

lunge

Love it. Was very indifferent to it until i met my wife who adores it and her enthusiasm is infectious. Love the shopping and present buying, love seeing friends, love boozing, love the food, what’s not to like?

RustySpanner

There’s a bloke in here who’s cracked his orange already.
    Now that’s keen.

SaxonRider

I’m with flashinthepan. I love it, myself, but it’s WAY to early to talk about it.

Save your anti-Christmas sentiments for a few weeks from now, okay? I’ve got Halloween and two birthdays to get through in my house first!

angeldust
    Free Member

Best time of the year.

Feel sorry for those that hate it simple because they hate spending money.

PS. I’m aware that some people have different reasons for hating it.

binners

I’m presently looking at my Pork Scratchings advent calendar and weighing up its chances of making it to the beginning of December unopened. Slim.

darrell
    Free Member

got a 5 yr old son – so I love it

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Stir up Sunday is on the horizon my Christmas loving brothers and sisters.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I like spending a solid fourteen hours eating and drinking on the sofa. The rest can **** off.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I like Christmas ..the Mrs & the kids love it..but not in the religious sense ( from my point of view ) .
    I do think it is way over-hyped though ..Christmas goodies on the shelves at my local backwater CO-OP at the end of September is taking the p*ss somewhat ..
    My favourite part is Christmas lunch …yum!

RustySpanner

We’re having unicorn this year.

I thought I’d better get that in before the ‘We’re too posh for turkey’ lot arrive.

deluded
    Free Member

I was never especially fussed by Christmas but it is a big thing for my wife and her enthusiasm has rubbed off on me over the years to a certain extent. Moreover, we have two young daughters who love it – so to hate it would be extremely dreary.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wonderful time

One of the few occasions when people can step away from worshiping at the altar of consumerism and think about what really counts in life ……errrr…..

Jamie
    Free Member

I usually like Christmas. This one is going to be interesting/tough.

deluded
    Free Member

Why’s that? ^^^

daviek

Like it for the kids and as mentioned aabove the wife and her mum love it but my wife doesnt know when to stop buying, not for money but for the volume. Our youngest is already saying we should buy the house next door and use it as a giant playroom!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Me.
    Reasons.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Hate it. With a passion.

Consumerism and Capitalism gone mad.

Glad when it’s all over tbh, and we can get back to normal.

mintimperial

Yeah, I hate xmas. Humbug!

Although this year me and the wife and the boy have thrown a tantrum and we’re spending it in a secret location several hundred miles away from the rest of the extended family, so I’m expecting it to be a lot less horrific than usual.

All the run up is a load of bollocks of course, but I can avoid most of that by just not leaving the house or watching telly in November and December. I also play a game with myself where I try to avoid hearing That Slade Song before Dec 25th, it’s pretty hard, I’ve only won it once (2015, I wore headphones for most of the month).

johndoh
    Free Member

but my wife didn’t know when to stop buying, not for money but for the volume.

Is your wife my wife? I get the same ‘it doesn’t look much, I’ll buy a few more ‘little bits’….

angeldust
    Free Member

Hate it. With a passion.

Consumerism and Capitalism gone mad.

Glad when it’s all over tbh, and we can get back to normal.

Genuine unloaded (edit – is ‘unloaded’ the same as ‘not loaded?)question: Would you consider yourself ‘happy’ the rest of the year i.e. ‘normal’?

km79
    Free Member

I like the food and drink, hate everything else about it and the build up to it.

Speeder

Saw a Christmas tree with “presents” around it in a pub last week. I just don’t get it – that’s 2 MONTHS early!?

Christmas I like – the commercializing of it, I hate.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s just awful and like smoking if someone tried to invent it today, it would be banned almost instantly.

Xmas Day is all right, the kids enjoy it, I stay slightly, but not too pissed all day, we’ve got some outlaws coming over this year, I’ll still be glad when it’s over. I sound slightly evil – but when everyone else hits the late afternoon sense of anti-climax feeling I want to get on my soapbox and scream “SEE, I TOLD YOU, ITS CRAP, IT’S ALWAYS BEEN CRAP AND SPENDING 3 MONTHS GETTING ALL GIDDY ABOUT IT WHILST YOU SPEND, EAT AND DRINK TOO MUCH WONT CHANGE THAT, YOU’RE FOOLS AND DESPITE ALL THIS YOU’LL GLADLY BE FOOLED AGAIN NEXT YEAR YOU MUGS”.

Mostly though I just sit there, take a deep breath and count my lucky stars that at least the days are getting longer again.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Speeder – Member
    Saw a Christmas tree with “presents” around it in a pub last week. I just don’t get it – that’s 2 MONTHS early!?

Christmas I like – the commercializing of it, I hate.

They’re advertising for Xmas ‘office dos’ rather than anything else, the baying “I loves Crimbo me” office nutter will want that in the bag by the end of Sept so they need to bang them out early.

There’s a hotel in Cardiff that has a Xmas window display (aprrox 20ft by 20ft) 12 months of the year now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got a 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter so I love it! Soon they’ll be off doing their own thing which will make me sad. Get it while you can I say!!!!

jekkyl

Hate is a bit of a strong word, generally I find it unoffensive.
    However as a father of two small people I do loathe the influx of light up musical plastic tat that sweeps into the house at that time of year. Would much rather give them money for savings.

zippykona

Jeez they start the who hates Christmas threads earlier each year.

rone

Without it, winter would be a bit too long.

maccruiskeen

I used to dislike it (and new year) as it was a break from work that I couldn’t choose the timing of.

I now like it because its a holiday that everyone else is forced to take and that means its the one time of the year when I can take a break and properly relax.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I like Christmas when it’s 3-4 days of a bit of family/food/TV/walks and I can do the presents online plus one planned hit on the shops for 1hr max where I know what I’m buying and where from.

I’m not interested in a month long ordeal of consumerism and having xmas tat forced on you and watching pissed people stagger around. I do not want to buy a xmas pud in October either.

maccruiskeen

and having xmas tat forced on you

I don’t think any of it is forced on you – its just ‘available’. At the same time the same shops are selling sanitary towels, liver, apples, cat litter, the Daily Mail and cheese strings. Non of which I particularly want or like but I manage not to feel like they’re being forced upon me, they’re just there.

hodgynd
    Free Member

The people who I feel sorry for are retail personnel..having to suffer the same endless loop of Christmas songs ..how the hell you come out of that with your sanity intact amazes me ..

We used to like it when we were young and poor. We used to save up so we could have stuff that we couldn’t usually afford. Sitting at home with the heating on all day, stuffing your face with expensive food was something different.

When the kids came along it made it more fun.

Now we’re older and relatively comfortable and the kids have grown up. We could have Christmas Day most weekends if we wanted to so its nothing special really.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Who hates christmas?’ is closed to new replies.