Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)
  • Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ones an adjective and ones a verb.

e.g.

I've pimped my ride by putting some bling on it

Euro
    Free Member

I give you anti-bling.

I'll bet this bike has taken much more abuse than any bike above and costs a fraction of the price. Why spend more, really?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

the difference between 'bling' and 'pimp'. discuss.

To me bling & pimp are different, I have a mate who has a Merlin XLM ss, a Cover Hummer Ti and a Custom Titus X Racer Ti… they all cost 4k + each.. now as far as niche bling go they are top class, top components and really are a work of art, built to do a job with no compromises, he has them in silver all over (except post & stem, now to look at they are not Bling (i.e gold, red or blue finishing kit), to a novice they would not look expensive, so they are very bling, but don’t look pimped, I like to call it understated class. To some very excessive, esp his SS I think he said it was 4.5k.. but it is built to perfection, no silly bling kit on it, nothing daft to show off, just top draw components.

Now you can of course build something to the same standard and have coloured bling without compromising the build quality but imho bling is individual to each and every person.

rowley
    Free Member

my Retrotec.

njee20
    Free Member

nothing daft to show off

Aah if that's a case for bling then I'd need to withdraw my Cosworth/Corsa Epic, it's all built for function, with the possible exception of a smattering of red bolts and the white stem (which still only weighs 6g more than the black one at 105g) there's nothing on there for how it looks.

I tend to think 'pimped' denotes a really nicely specced bike, whilst 'bling' is more pointless showy stuff, like horrendous colour co-ordination and such. A lot of these bikes are pimped, not bling. IMO. Or something.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To me bling & pimp are different

haha, the idea of a middle class white guy trying to define the difference between bling and pimp 🙂

from urban dictionary

Bling
    The word "bling" refers to any unnecessary accumulation of metal or jewellery which impresses the simple-minded. Examples of bling-related activity include: driving a car with shiny platinum rims, arriving at a movie premiere in a hat made of glittering diamonds, or pointing at a big block of gold and cooing away for hours on end like an unforgivable moron whose mere existence ultimately cheapens us all. Bling is the single most shallow, boring and wilfully superficial cultural phenomenon ever to excite humankind, which is saying something for a species already hooked on internet poker.

In recent months, collective guilt over the planet's future and the disparity of global wealth have exerted a cooling effect on bling's popularity, although genuine justice will never be achieved until everyone responsible for promoting, propagating, passively approving of, or even being ironically amused by any and all aspects of bling culture has been hunted down and jailed for a minimum of 37 years in a maximum security prison with no carpets, hot water or bog roll.

Pimp

– something badass or new and fresh.

njee20
    Free Member

Ha! My white-middle-class definitions of bling/pimp where pretty much there. I'm down with the kids!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

haha, the idea of a middle class white guy trying to define the difference between bling and pimp

Quite an assumption that I am middle class and white, and whats wrong with a middle class white bloke trying to decipher between bling & pimp??????????

Either way I did say to ME, my opinion

steve_b77
    Free Member

Another Urban Dictionary version:

Bling today:

1. Any shiny thing which distracts morons such as rappers.

2. Often takes the form of jewellery, may be expensive but is commonly cheap, used to give the impression of wealth. Adored by Chav's.

3. Gaudy over the top hideous and wholly unneccessary. 😆

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable….. I took it out of the dungeon and

into the garden which is a cespit 🙂

I think my mates Nomad has to be a good un for bling (now has the new saint brakes)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

50 different shades of red on your bike = bling fail.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ah now I consider it pimp, not bling 🙂

the red's do match in normal day light without a flash!;) tbh I dont care about the colour scheme (really!!), it does what I need it to

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Marzocci 55s = Fail (quite literally) 😉

njee20
    Free Member

LX front mech. Nope, sorry.

Nomad: XT chainset, Juicy 7s, nope that's pretty run of the mill!

MrAgreeable

Sorry CTD, the "workhorses" thread is that way ——–> 😉

njee20
    Free Member

And anodised red and painted red don't match, in any light!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

damn that mech for ruining my bike 😉

He does have the new saints brakes on now…

Duggie – I have to say I am very impressed with the 55's, for some reason I dont get on with fox and have always gone back to Marzocchi, guess I got a good pair, the travel adjust and lock out matches the rear shock so it's pretty versitile….

njee20
    Free Member

Ah yes sorry, you did say about the brakes, I forgot between looking at the caption and typing the response. Worryingly.

D0NK

Some people really do have no idea of bling, bling doesn't have to look good (mostly it looks naff) it just has to look expensive and say to the world hey I've got money to burn – always has been. So no slx xt or anything else reasonably priced, non yumeya-ed xtr and x0 prob isn't bling either now. njees spesh (which I quite like) frame prob doesn't count either.

woodsman
    Free Member

njee20 – you're still very much a contender! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Yay! Happy times.

I must take some more up to date/better photos.

Is now a good time to mention that it'll be for sale in the next few weeks, although probably with some of the 'bling' removed for the next Corsa! 🙂

flamejob
    Free Member

Custom; tick
    Titanium; Tick
    Non-Standard parts; Tick

He is no off the shelf, internet ordered parts bin bike 🙂

Flamejob polished into the Titanium

Dipped and polished rims, cranks, seatpin, EBB, stem, forks

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

how can u afford these things?

sparkingchains
    Free Member

What this proves above all is that some people have really bad taste in colour schemes!!! Runs to the sink…

singlespeedstu

Just so you all know.

Sheldons bikes are all fakes.

Cheap copys made in China by the same factory that make tat for Fruit.

😉

woodsman
    Free Member

flamejob – tell me about those silver cranks please? I'm looking for something like that for my Rohloff. What BB type and lenth are you using to get the 54.5mm chainline?

ta

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Quite an assumption that I am middle class and white, and whats wrong with a middle class white bloke trying to decipher between bling & pimp??????????

It is an assumption, I think I've only ever seen three non white guys on rides, one chinese guy at sheffield, and I'm not 100% sure the only two black guys i've ever seen weren't the same person twice!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

njees spesh (which I quite like) frame prob doesn't count either.

the bottle cage, foam grips, speedo & white avid's take it off the List for me 😉

njee20
    Free Member

No speedo at the moment, but it does have bar ends (carbon, naturally, with aluminium bolts), bottle cage broke and has been replaced with another carbon one.

Foam grips all the way though, in fact it's one foam grip cut in half to save a bit of weight!

And what's wrong with the white Avids!?

I don't like that ti SS flamejob, but I really like the finish, that's brilliant, and has to be in for a shot at the title. Just needs proper gears.

sheldona
    Free Member

Just so you all know.

Sheldons bikes are all fakes.

Cheap copys made in China by the same factory that make tat for Fruit.

LOL, at least they ain't broked 😉

cinnamon_girl

flamejob – that finish is fantastic 8)

OK everyone, can I ask a really sad question?

My Ti needs a classy bell – any recommendations please 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

There's a ti bell on Wiggle somewhere.

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh, shall check that out. Thanks 🙂

cinnamon_girl

It says it's for fashionistas and racers and I am definitely neither 🙂

I wasn't keen on the design, it has to look right on the MLC 🙄

solaris76
    Free Member

my still missing Mythic…

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Waiting to collect my new Magura floating rotors currently at my cousins house sent from America. Also Have Panaracer Cinders on now and not Fire XC Pro

epo-aholic
    Free Member

me…………

!!!!!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

BCB: XT FAIL

epo-aholic, is the top tube a wee bit short on that, it's a nice saddle position you've got! Not sure if that's more or less 'bling' having a really odd position like that, looks like some of the pro bikes!

tails
    Free Member

that retrotec is a beauty

Ti29er
    Free Member

Question:
    Some of these are bling – but not many.
    But is anyone riding them through the mud and dust and rain, Meridas, muck and gritty rock gardens, at Mayhem, Kielder 100 etc and year-round?

My monies on the Jones and Flame's above for bling factor.
    My own looked lovely when new, after that it's never been stripped down and pampered quite like some seem to be.
    Maybe I'm just a muck-worm.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…’ is closed to new replies.