Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)
  • Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…
  • njee20
    Free Member

Wooo, I'm winning something, according to some people… Long live the S-Works Cosworth.

I personally think that bling should not mean mainstream (say the man with the Specialized…). XT, Hope, Thomson etc has no place!

In that respect there are some excellent candidates on here, and some less so! Geoff that's an awesome retro build, but bling… I'm just not so sure.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Hope pro II Hubs/DT Swiss 6.1d rims (Bolt thro front, Maxel rear)
    Fox 36 Vanilla RC2
    Fox Float RP3 rear shock
    Hope Tech M4 Brakes, braided hoses, 203mm rotors
    Sram X.0 Shifters
    Sram X.0 Rear Mech
    Sram PG990 Cassette
    FSA Team Issue Carbon crankset
    FSA Gravity Carbon Bar /Gravity stem 70mm
    Selle Italia Flite seat
    Hope bar ends. clamp etc

SOME PICCYS HERE —>CUBE FRITZZ

firestarter
    Free Member

njee i do like those coloured spokes 😉 did you get them done special or is it a factory scheme ?

njee20
    Free Member

It's a factory scheme on the Roval Controle SL wheelset, a few white spokes in the wheels, it'd look more tarty if it was all of them like the Bontrager wheels, but possibly a bit garish!

Nah monotokpoint, that's just a bit dull, FSA finishing kit's not bling, Pro IIs aren't exciting! It's a nice bike, but not particularly bling. IMO of course.

kiwijohn

that's an awesome retro build, but bling… I'm just not so sure.

What??? Are you still wet behind the ears? Those Fats are the blingest things on here.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

My current stead, Carbon frame, now has a thomson stem & post and some carbon bars.

My old Furious, had a Rocco with Ti spring, Gravity Wheelset, Thomson kit, The new Tech V2's with vented rotors etc, was very nice

firestarter
    Free Member

i think my dt wheels would suit a few white spokes 😉 they do look nice very unusual better than all white i think

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Not sure if mine's bling as such…

XTR shadow rear mech, Thomson 70mm X4 stem and Truvativ Noir bars, Hope floating rotors and 719 rims now added.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Yeah you are prolly right, prefer a more understated and tasteful look. True, FSA isn't bling, even if it was pricey. Ignore my post!

njee20
    Free Member

FSA stuff isn't understated though, it's generally horrifically garish and covered with decals. Would go well on a Specialized, who seem to subscribe to the same school of thought!

Those Fats are the blingest things on here.

Get yourself over to Retro Bike! 😉

martinh
    Free Member

Less parts to bling with a singlespeed, but you can still try

monotokpoint
    Free Member

njee20 – FSA stuff isn't understated though, it's generally horrifically garish and covered with decals.

It's black carbon

Martinh, thats is v nice!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Man, there are some real abortion jobs on here. Tree's Ibis is probably the only bike I could look at.

scruff
    Free Member

That Jones has put me off my dinner.

njee20
    Free Member

Orange wheels and pink brakes, mmmm… clashtastic!

kiwijohn

Get yourself over to Retro Bike!

Been there, done that.

tootallpaul

Ladies and Gerntlemen, I bring you Sultan of Bling…

Solid gold. It is. Really.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The chain is upside down on the jones!

See my track bike pic for how it should be done 😉

njee20
    Free Member

SLX? BURN HIM!

tails
    Free Member

now were talking mateys spesh – bling scott frame – bling and jeff jones is very bling even if it looks naff.

tootallpaul

Aw, Nick… No fair!

It's very shiny, isn't that good enough?

finbar
    Free Member

I know i know, its an old roadbike, but hear me out: frame handbuilt in Bolton (maybe in a shed), chrome fork ends, Camagnolo Strada crank paint matched to frame, N.O.S. Campagnolo headset…

coogan
    Free Member

So far all I've seen is a bunch of bikes with too much money spent on them that, to me eye, makes them look pretty cheap ironically.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

SLX crankset fail.

I'm with ADH there are some **** horrendous examples of too much money and no taste coupled with form over function on this thread.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

there are some **** horrendous examples of too much money and no taste coupled with form over function on this thread.

you cut me deep man, you cut me deep 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That's one serioulsy bling shopping trolley that's had a crash Jones!

Kramer
    Free Member

The Jones needs different colour brakes, then it would be quite bling.

martinh
    Free Member

They're gold not orange njee20.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hey! At least its not as bog standard Speccy/Trek/Giant that I've slapped overpriced colour mismatched anodised tat all over.

Chevin
    Free Member

Carbon Superfly. Xt/XO/DT/Fox/Hope/Thomson/Prologo/Ashima

My favourite bike ever. Bling enough not to worry about as it's ridden most days!

Matthew

coffeeking
    Free Member

From peopleofwalmart.com

MrAgreeable

It doesn't matter if your bike's made from Beryllium inlaid with solid gold if you take a crap blurry photo of it in a gloomy Ikea-furnished dungeon.

sheldona
    Free Member

I thinking of retracting my post as there's far to much off the shelf stuff on here being called bling. Its not bling its not even different to the next guys bike, its just what the shop had in at the time, imagination and being different is bling in my book.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

[img]http://www.thesassyedge.com/images/japan/hello-kitty-bike.jpg[/img]

P20

Not sure these qualify as 'bling'

King headset & hubs on stans, xtr, rf cranks, tech m4s, easton carbons…

King headset & hubs on ceramics, avid arch supremes and ultimate levers, xtr, syncros cranks…

I normally think of bling as showing off and the stuff doesn't actually work. Given these two work flawlessly, they aren't bling, but some people may think they're bling 😆

And because someone mentioned Colnago…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

It doesn't matter if your bike's made from Beryllium inlaid with solid gold if you take a crap blurry photo of it in a gloomy Ikea-furnished dungeon.

How does where a photo is taken change the Blingness of a bike? you could take a photo at the top of Everest or in Bedminster Bristol, its still the same bike 🙂

MrAgreeable

For me a crap photo really counteracts the blingness of a bike. It doesn't inspire the right degree of jealousy or covetousness (is that a word?). It's like someone having a fancy sports car, but they're sleeping in the back of it because they're homeless. 🙂

Sam

Ti Fat winning so far – age notwithstanding.

MrAgreeable

its just what the shop had in at the time

Says the man who appears to have shares in Sideways. 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

For me a crap photo really counteracts the blingness of a bike.

Aye … especially when you consider the only point to a bling bike is to show off on internerd forums …

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…’ is closed to new replies.