Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • who dares wins , channel 4
  • aracer
    Free Member

I know a few women who would have done a better job…

warton
    Free Member

I had big beard envy of the main instructor though. it was plush…

sadexpunk

I had big beard envy of the main instructor though. it was plush…

haha, i thought he was a cross between peter andre and brian blessed

jimslade
    Free Member

Steely eyed, flat bellied, professional. Not pissy eyed, fat bellied, hysterical. That’s how you do it.

benji
    Free Member

Not sure how they’ve mentioned the SAS as all the guys named where ex SBS, but I guess the general public aren’t overly aware of them.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

They seemed to go straight into the tough stuff too where as the BBC built up slowly

the 8 miler isn’t that hard

the Fan was a mental test, “Hollywood” didn’t have breakfast, but that should not have made a difference, he should have been capable of keeping going

obvious issues are the poor quality of the candidates and the shortness of the actual programme making. A lot seemed to be suffering from bad blisters. Carrying weight is also something you can or can’t do and 30lb’s isn’t real weight so they all should have been capable

derek_starship
    Free Member

According to an ex SAS mate of mine, SBS= sunglasses & Bermuda shorts.

slimjim78
    Free Member

That wooden beard, plucked eyebrows and Beckhamesque hard man voice was enough to have me tugging over.

I mean turning over.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s quite common for blokes to have to have served with both SB and Hereford, either on exchange, secondment or “cross decking”. Since SB came under the command of DSF, and open to all arms (which it is much better off for) the differences/ignominy between the two isn’t what it once was.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Foxy’s a dreamboat. (flutters)

bit yeah they do seem to have picked a pack of lemons.

ypud think any half decent club runner wpuld do the fan dance (not saying i could but i’m pretty sure i wouldnt have been last out of that shower)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I don’t normally watch these programmes, so not sure how it works. I wonder how much the production team influence things (in selection and during filming) to get a rough outcome they want. I presume they select based on best telly probabilities. Did they tell the candidates to continue doing what they do with no extra preparation so that their selection probabilities don’t get skewed?. Maybe they select knowing that the overweight IT consultant who still lives with his Mum and spends half his life on STW forums, is going to fall flat on his face on the first day, likely involving an ambulance. The nuckle head cage fighter wannabe from Barnsley who thinks he’s big and tough enough will crumble on day 2 or 3. The Oxford graduate who rowed for his college and spends his weekends doing tri-athlons might or might not crumble days 7 or 8. The research Biologist who can’t tie his own shoelaces. All will probably give good material (tasks and personal interacting) at different stages of the test. Very high chances of ambulances and RAF search and rescue Heli being involved, possibly booked beforehand.
    The bloke who appeared to be the focus in the first programme, turns up with his estranged son, on a bonding path, son gets knocked out day one, father determined to make his son proud, father falls apart on day two, only survives being ousted because one of the SAS ‘staff’ falls in love with him. You couldn’t write this material, or could you?.

sirromj

The beat-boxing was good though.

pjm84
    Free Member

Wife wanted to watch it. I turned over but did manage a chuckle at the “diving” board.

This was the most feared “test”.

richpips
    Free Member

B.A.Nana

Has nailed it.

There’s no true survival of the fittest it’s who the producers think tells a good story. I watched the first, will watch the second, and then may not bother. A bit like “Hunted”.

What I do think is rubbish is the interference of medics when people have a bit of a turn.

It’s not real life for sure.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah, my point was, if they all breezed the first 5 days it wouldn’t make good telly. So, there must be some fixing involved. Probably just being told that they couldn’t prepare beyond what they normally do..

Drac

The selection will be very much to get TV figures yes. Also though these are people off the street, they’re not forces staff applying to get into the SAS. They seen an ad in a paper and thought that’ll be a laugh. Maybe they trained maybe they didn’t but it wouldn’t be with the experience of those that were or are in the forces already.

Marching over a Welsh mountain twice in 90 minutes whilst under the impression they had to keep up with that Foxy bloke is going to break them mentally and physically. That’s what they were trying to do, they wanted to see who would push on regardless.

scandal42
    Free Member

obvious issues are the poor quality of the candidates and the shortness of the actual programme making. A lot seemed to be suffering from bad blisters. Carrying weight is also something you can or can’t do and 30lb’s isn’t real weight so they all should have been capable

Yes, but it wouldn’t exactly make riveting tv to watch 30 blokes smash each test and parade them round like action men for an hour would it.

As for people saying they should have practiced and trained on Pen y fan before the show started, how exciting that would be.

It’s an experience and a test, not an enduro event where you should have a couple of practice laps to make sure you know each and every turn.

Spin
    Free Member

I saw a trailer for this I think. Is it the one with the guy saying that the impossible for most people was a walk in the park for him?

Drac

Is it the one with the guy saying that the impossible for most people was a walk in the park for him?

Yup that’s him. He’s going to be bigger than Jason Statham too. He’s set himself up to be pushed more than the rest.

It’s an experience and a test, not an enduro event where you should have a couple of practice laps to make sure you know each and every turn.

Exactly.

wrecker
    Free Member

I found the tactical questioning interesting. The DS really went at the more guarded, suspicious blokes but the “open books” who were just completely honest seemed to disarm them. The beatboxer should have done a little dance, that would really have ****ed them up.

Spin
    Free Member

Yup that’s him.

Please tell me it looks like he’ll fall flat on his face. My interest in this does not extend to actually watching.

Drac

Sorry no spoilers. 😆

CheesybeanZ

I think he’s using it as an audition to showcase his awesomeness as a wanna be Hollywood stuntman .
    I think he’ll be out by programme 3 .

cheekyboy
    Free Member

All I could think of was riding down Pen y Fan.

Drac

All I could think of was riding down Pen y Fan.

Hahaha! I did think “Oooh! Is that what the fuss is about, looks good.”

scandal42
    Free Member

Everything I’ve read suggests it’s footpath and a shit one to ride down at that.

Did look good on the show though

CheesybeanZ

Round 2 just starting.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Looked very tough this week, reckon the 19 year old may be a odds on favorite.

wallop

I liked him.

CheesybeanZ

Fair play too him carrying the big fella up the hill .

BoardinBob

[video]https://youtu.be/Nf0e3sT_Jeg[/video]

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Super Army Soldiers is one of the best tv clips ever, love it when Vinny Jones turns up….

jimmy

Fair play too him carrying the big fella up the hill

Only to have the big fella bail out. Wuss.

brack
    Free Member

I seriously hope for the 19-year-olds sake that he doesn’t go on to win this. As a career in the Army after having won this series would just be pure hell ! The abuse he’d get my goodness !!

jimmy

They just got pudding!

wrecker
    Free Member

Strange that “ant” got the lead instructor role. He did 4 years SF service, whereas the other seem to have done 10yrs plus. Maybe it was his gig?
    That scots chap is **** nails. Got to WO2 in the R.Scots before hitting and passing selection. That ain’t common from that rank.

moose
    Free Member

The WO2 was the one of the two guys that got lifted in Iraq many moons ago. I remember the job to extract them. Bloody cake and arse show that was. 🙄

wrecker
    Free Member

Are you sure moose?

Must have been a shit lob for the tankies getting them out but nice to know it happens.

moose
    Free Member

Linky

Yup. one on the right.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘who dares wins , channel 4’ is closed to new replies.