Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whitecross Bay Cumbria
  • boabym

As title, thinking of booking a week’s holiday, any real world reviews or alternative suggestions from the collective?
    Ta in advance troops.

Bregante

I went regularly (like every weekend) when I was a nipper and didn’t go again until about 5 years ago. Couldn’t believe the difference(some good, some bad).

It has been really developed with the pool and leisure club, the lodges are really smart and well presented. BUT we found the place quite cliquey. Lots of regulars who own lodges on the site who all know each other and occupy huge areas of the bar in the evenings. It feels quite cramped too.

My brother actually bought a lodge there a few years ago and owned it for three years (cost an arm and a leg). Despite having plenty of opportunity to use it free of charge, I never took up the offer because I wasn’t keen on the place.

boabym

Thanks Brigante, family circumstances dictact that we cannot have our usual holiday abroad this year, hence needing to find an alternative in the uk. Really its a base to explore the area that I’m looking for so it may suffice. Any other suggestions welcome.

falkirk-mark

I would rent a cottage if you are only looking for a base. I have used whitecross and TBH a cottage will probably cost pretty much the same price but with proper home comforts.We generally use cumbrian cottages which we have found to be good and second what bregante says when we first rented caravans it would be from the park then more recently it would appear to be owner lets through the park.

boxelder

Cottage +1

That bit of windermere is really busy.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We used to take our tourer up to WHite Cross Bay.

It started getting very chavvy if you ask me.

I stopped when they built a footy pitch next to the small tourer area and we got pelted with foot balls from loud Audi driving types with more money then style.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s pretty chavvy. The chavs aren’t as rich or ostentatious as the Chshire folk who have chalets at Abersoch but it’s definitely along the same lines.

stufive
    Free Member

Ive worked for Good life cottage co in elterwater on all there cottages and theres some real stunners

Bregante

It started getting very chavvy if you ask me.

And

It’s pretty chavvy. The chavs aren’t as rich or ostentatious as the Chshire folk who have chalets at Abersoch but it’s definitely along the same lines.

I didn’t want to say it in that way but both of the above are right. The last time I went I saw quite a few well known “faces” and I don’t mean from the world of show business!

boabym

Cheers guys, that’s what I was after some personal experiences. I’ll have a look at Cumbrian Cottages.
    Thanks to all.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I’ve worked on the door in Bowness in the past before and I distinctly remember quite a lot of the, shall we say ‘difficult groups’ had been staying at Whitcross Bay.

‘alright laa me uncles got a lodge at whitecross!’

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ll be there week after next with a group of students – interesting reviews…

Are there any good pubs within walking distance?

stufive
    Free Member

Theres a hotel at troutbeck bridge im not sure if theres a bar? i think there is

boabym

Can anyone recommend a cottage to rent near Ambleside/Windermere?
    Must have at least 2 bedrooms and be within walking distance of shops/ pub etc.
    Budget up to £800 for a week at the end of June.
    TIA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whitecross Bay Cumbria’ is closed to new replies.