Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • whip round for WCA !
  • DezB
    Free Member

banks – the Bullheart justgiving page has gone. Sarcoma Trust is the
    charity.

cheers.

re: WCA – last thing I’d want if I had to sit around getting fat, unable to exercise would be CHOCOLATES!!!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll put something towards his Maserati, why not?

DezB
    Free Member
    djglover
    Free Member

I had a serious operation a few* years ago.

I want at least 50 quid from you all

*29 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi

I have just spotted this thread and thanks to the OP for the nice idea. I do agree with most the other poster when they say WHY?

My mother always told me to be an example to others, I am not sure she meant an example of what not to do but she wasn’t specific.

What I suggest is that you all support me by having an extra beer/glass of wine/shot of your favourite tipple.

I propose an official “Drink WCA better” event at 8:45pm tonight.

If you want to take part please have your drink, think of the law of averages and how my existence reduces the chances of you having an accident. Post up what you have drunk (photo optional).

Cheers All

PS Maserati on hold as I cannot drive for three months. I am suddenly really happy the guy refused the offer I made on one. Can you imagine how I would feel stuck in bed with that on the drive unused for three months!

grum
    Free Member

I’ve only been able to work part time for the last three years due to CFS/ME. How much do I get? Must be loads surely. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Is this the same WCA who a while ago was getting a Porshe…and was restoring a TVR, and is now (allegedly) getting a Mazzer… that you want to start a collection for??
    Are you a woman and work in an office 😯

😀 that’s more like it….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

8:45pm Drinking to WCA And STW Heroes Out Under Terrible Suffering (WASHOUTS)

That way everyone is included. Sound like a plan?

I will try to remember to start the Drinking to WASHOUTS thread about 7pm so everyone can get suitably prepared.

soobalias
    Free Member

see, its the thought that counts, he doesnt want our peasant money anyway.

I will try to divert our thursday night ride to be in a pub at 2045 to raise a glass. Piccy if i remember. Healing Vibes to WCA and everyone else out there that needs it.

Are you a woman and work in an office

lulz

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

khani – Decided against the Porsche, bought the TVR originally to rebody and do up but decided it was quite good so kept it and bought a knackered Scimitar which I am doing up. MrsWCA hated the TVR but agrees that if I sold the TVR and the Merc I could get an Aston DB7.

I tried a few and was very underwhelmed with the interior even though they look beautiful on the outside. After a brief discussion she agreed the Aston could be a Maserati GranSport which is what I have been looking at.

There are a couple in a garage in Chichester (see Pistonheads) that I have looked at. I managed to sell the TVR for a small profit so I offered the price of the cheaper Maser for the more expensive one. I was waiting the response to this last week but thankfully was turned down other wise it would be sat on the drive right now.

I don’t have kids, I do like cars and I work damned hard for my money. I am lucky to be able to afford nice toys but it is the person, not the toys that matter.

[EDIT] Do you want to buy a Merc CL? Somewhere around £5K

RustySpanner

I’ve got a toenail you can have if you’re desparate.
    Send it back if it doesn’t fit.

Hasn’t Dr P sent you a breakfast pie yet?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

To be fair if i didn’t have kids I’d probably be able to own a nice car.
    But I do, so I don’t. Lil buggers

khani
    Free Member

I don’t have kids, I do like cars and I work damned hard for my money. I am lucky to be able to afford nice toys but it is the person, not the toys that matter.

No offence towards you was meant, fill yer boots and have a good time, I was just pointing out to the op that a collection/whip round seems a bit silly..
    DB7,s are starting to look dated now, Mazzers are lush, get one of them….
    Edit..no, bugger off!!! I’m skint,…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

khani – no offence taken I assure you.

I was alerted to this thread by DexB and touched as I am, I think everyone taking the time to chill with a beer and think of friends, themselves and others with injuries is a far better use of your money*

*unless you have an 2006 or newer Maserati GranSport with FSH and a reasonably new clutch for less than £25K (preferably black with full leather interior) in which case it is your DUTY to donate it to me.

khani
    Free Member

A Merc CL for 5k.. Is it this one

😀 yes, I’m a bastard…sorry….

Woody
    Free Member

What I suggest is that you all support me by having an extra beer/glass of wine/shot of your favourite tipple.

Classy swerve around the building storm 😉

I shall take you up on that as it’s also my birthday. Good luck with the op/recovery.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This one : http://mercedesclforsale.wordpress.com/

It will come with a new MOT, the current one runs out before my leg gets better so I will need to get it done before I flog it.

Offers considered as it is just sat on the drive at the moment

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Woody – Drinking to WASHOUTS and Birthday Boys – you are not part of the growing niche!

khani
    Free Member

It’s nice.. but I’m a visiting support worker doing between 2-400 miles a week, my wallet would divorce me.. 😥
    But I can come round, make your breakfast..give you your medication and take you to the pictures if you want…

_tom_
    Free Member

I’d have that for £5k if I could afford the insurance and fuel 🙁

ciderinsport
    Free Member

^^^^ This!

I will be suitably seated in a public house in the lovely New Forest just after that time 😀

If I wasn’t old and fat, I might have been on time 😳

Photo will have to wait till I get home in the small hours….

corroded
    Free Member

It’s 8.45pm in Australia and I’m doing my bit to drink WCA back to health with quite a tasty Grenache from the Barossa. My boss is at a tequila bar round the corner so depending how the wine goes, I could be going beyond the call of duty. Hope the ankle heals OK WCA, cheers!.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll be guzzling on one of the nice bottles of ale Soma_rich supplied me with at 8:45pm tonight 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

_TOM_ – Fuels isn’t too bad (see pic below) and it isn’t due a service for about 6-7000 miles from memory. I will even soften the price to help with insurance

soobalias
    Free Member

26mpg is what i hope to average on tonights ride (hic!)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you do 46mph as well I will be impressed!

nedrapier

Nicely proposed WCA.

It’s my last day in the office for a couple of weeks, so I might be here quiet late. If I’m still here past 8, I’ll nip down to Sainsbo’s and grab a tinny or two. Might help me not give a **** about the stuff I’m leaving behind.

Good luck with the ankle. Choose life, choose MTFU.

or fusing, whichever works best!

_tom_
    Free Member

Haha WCA I’d love it (dad used to have one very similar and they’re nice cars!) but I’m 23 and the cheapest insurance i found was double what I pay now 😆 and i spend enough money on petrol in my car that does 43mpg 🙁

singletrackmind

How many bottles of beer for WCA for 12 weeks of ‘recuperation’?
    480 i reckon.
    Jeez , half a pallet . I best get busy .

Will see you soon WCA, foot chin up.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

sounds about right singletrackmind – cheers!

I hope you are all going to join this evenings drinking and picturers thread

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/drinking-to-washouts-and-birthday-boys-instead-of-the-wca-whip-round-thread

ciderinsport
    Free Member

You propose, I do!

IMG_20121004_214126 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

The ashnav does

IMG_20121004_214046 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

Some other random people do! (with less smiles…)

IMG_20121004_214211 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

Heel well!

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘whip round for WCA !’ is closed to new replies.