Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whinlatter Tyres
  • prezet
    Free Member

Off to the lakes next month for a week just down the road from Whinlatter – what’s the riding like? Was thinking of running High Rollers 2.35 front and back on my BFe… will I die?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes.

Eventually.

Probably not due to tyre choice at Whinlatter though…

Ride whatever is on it. High Rollers sound fine, it’s a trail centre so little mud although the rock can be slippery there.

postierich
    Free Member

A harsh hardtail @ Whinlatter!!!!!! your kidding right?

prezet
    Free Member

My only ride… don’t have the luxury of a different ride for every type of riding.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

As far as hardtails go, the bfe is not that harsh. I have now got a bfe and I went round fine on my old hardtail which is much harsher. It will be fine. just go and enjoy yourself

I was on basic mountain kings. They worked fine but didn’t appreciate the slate

leythervegas
    Free Member

did whinlatter last month, both loops. if youre skill level is average or above you’ll be fine. Its an amazing place. Try the ale and food in The George in Keswick if you can. Best in the country.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I was on mountain x king 2.4s this time and they were perfct, miles better than the 2.25 Scott’s I was on last year.

colournoise

Whinlatter’s fine on a HT. Rode there in February on Trailrakers which was probably overkill even in the damp conditions.

slainte 😳 rob

superdan

Prezet, pack some lights, come join the keswick lot for a Tuesday night ride

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Highrollers just fine and no problem on a hardtail. Plenty of great riding close to Keswick. Borrowdale bash Side of Skiddaw etc …enjoy

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Your going to the Lakes and riding a trail centre???

Is that not like going to a whore house & getting only a kiss??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whinlatter is faster on a HT!! (or the North certainly feels it)

Tyres make sure you have 2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter Tyres’ is closed to new replies.