Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which……breadmaker!
  • morgs
    Free Member

Ok – I normally look at the ‘can you suggest…’ threads with an attitude of ‘for god’s sake…just do some research’ but this one has got me stumped!

I’m going to get a breadmaker for the ‘rents for xmas….but don’t know where to start! That and they have a huge price range!

All I need is one that makes gluten-free bread which I know is down to ingredients….

So….what would you go for and why!

Cheers all

bencooper
    Free Member

We’ve had a Panasonic for years – it gets used every day and is brilliant…

thomthumb
    Free Member

panasonic is pretty much ubiquitous.

we had a weird brand before (borrowed) and it had a ‘flower pot’ shape tin instead of the more traditional bread loaf tins. new ones seem to mostly have the traditional shape but watch out if buying at the budget end of the market.

i’m a bread geek 🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

which……breadmaker!

My Mum was always pretty handy but she is spoken for.

wwaswas

Panasonic here – used every 2 days for the last 4 years with no problems.

morgs
    Free Member

ok – looks like panasonic is the way forward….now which model!!

z1ppy

panasonic here, on our 2nd one after our faithful 1st model died from over use… just get whatever is the current model or even the previous model if on sale, their all good.

Atomizer

Panasonic – used every day for ten years – they just work with no bother.

Just replaced it with another Panasonic but only because the parts that do wear out are expensive compared to the price of a new one.

Non-stick coatings on bread pan and paddle wear eventually make getting the loaf out tricky.

fontmoss
    Free Member

on a sidenote is using a breadmaker more economical than just buying some? Over say a 6 month period with the same level of bread consumption

bamford
    Free Member

munch away!!!

With the superior build quality and simplicity of design and operation, this breadmaker is an ideal addition to your home. It gives you the convenience of having fresh bread at anytime from fresh basic ingredients and can cater for particular dietary requirements e.g. gluten free, low salt, high fibre.

z1ppy

No idea on economy, I suppose it depends on how cheap you can get you ingredients for, though I’ve yet to find anywhere I can buy flour from in bulk cheap… It’s more about fresh bread, the house smelling of bread when you wake and eating far too much of the lovely stuff and your expanding waist line… Bear in mind, the loaf doesn’t last as there no preservative in it, so unless eaten with a day or two, it will be wasted.

If nothing else it will embark you on a journey into better bread, which may end up with you making your own by hand. We tend main use our machine now for making the dough, then finishing by hand and baking in the oven.

vinnyeh

on a sidenote is using a breadmaker more economical than just buying some? Over say a 6 month period with the same level of bread consumption

Costs are substantially less per loaf, especial if you compare on a like for like basis, trouble is it’s hard to cut as thinly as a shop bought sliced loaf. Plus, when it’s fresh and warm, it’s difficult to moderate consumption.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I eat a lot of bread and my better half bakes bread sometimes but finding she can’t get the dough ‘light’ enough so maybe a breadmaker is the way forward. She’ll be thrilled when I suggest it as her Christmas present….

morgs
    Free Member

thanks guys 🙂

DaveRambo

This is easy

Panasonic SD255

We’ve had one for years, makes consistent loaves, always gets rave reviews.

There is one without the nut dispenser but we use ours every so often and it’s useful.

One tip if you do buy one is to keep it out on a work surface all the time. It only takes a few minutes to set it up to make a loaf once you’ve done it a few times but if you have to get it our of a cupboard it’s a real pain – plus we use it every day or 2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which……breadmaker!’ is closed to new replies.