Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which USB charger for in the car
  • trout
    Free Member

Which USB charger for in the car that will charge an Ipad
    so many come up when googled I thought it best to ask the best which is the best 😀

jam-bo

I’ve got a belkin 2 usb port one in one car and a griffin single port one in the other. They both seem to work fine and just get left in the port all the time.

nickjb
    Free Member

Another vote for Belkin. Seems better quality than the cheap ones I’ve have. Still pretty cheap when bought on-line or a crazy price from John Lewis or Apple

This one

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Halfords 2 port jobbie. In car all the time, no problems.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve had some of the £1.99 ones off ebay and all have failed (in a burny melty sort of way) – some after 5 minutes, others after 5 months. One was a ‘Griffin’ but probably fake on reflection. Worth spending slightly more to avoid setting you car on fire. Check if the 12V port gets turned off when you take the keys out – you don’t want the USB thingy on continuously when you’re not in the car.

solamanda
    Free Member

Belkin

cp

I’ve got a tiny belkin single port one which barely sticks out of the fag lighter – so the flap cover can close over the lighter when not in use without taking the USB jobbie out.

cp

think it was 6 quid – ebay…

mark90
    Free Member

Not the smallest or cheapest but these are good quality and kick out decent power for tablets etc….

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-Port-Charger-Technology-External-Batteries-White/dp/B00B8M4IMK

The 5 port desktop chargers are pretty good too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do any of yours cause loads of interferance with FM radio? Both of mine mad the radio unlistenable.

trout
    Free Member

Decided on a Belkin so nipped down to Halfrauds but the one I wanted was sold out so came away with a halfords own make for £6
    thanks for the replies

Cletus

Do any of yours cause loads of interferance with FM radio? Both of mine mad the radio unlistenable.

I guess I know why my radio has gone crap – too stupid to work this out by myself 😳

aracer
    Free Member

I bought a cheap one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261299880806 – doesn’t interfere with the radio, hasn’t failed after a year of use (though I guess I don’t use it that regularly, it does get left in the port powered up), seems to provide plenty of current. Maybe I was just lucky, but if you are going for a cheap ebay one, that would seem like a good choice.

cp

Mine doesn’t cause any interference. Is the interference when nothing is plugged in, when anything is plugged in to it, or just the phone or other device.

thehustler
    Free Member

I have a couple of these from wilkinsons, they work great for pads/phones even my helmet cam

twin usb charger

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which USB charger for in the car’ is closed to new replies.