Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which tyres for Dalby this weekend
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

I am popping down to Dalby this weekend and was not sure which tyres to put on the Five.
    Either Conti Barrons, High Rollers or Ardents.
    Folks, what do you suggest? I have not been to Dalby for many years, so not sure what the ground will be like now.
    Please help.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Oh no…

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Its pretty solid ground, even when it rains it drains well other than the odd puddle. You won’t die with any of those tyres 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tyre choice is pretty much the last thing I think about for Dalby (or most trail centres).

Something fast rolling would be top of my list followed by something with a decent volume for the rocky bits.

Ardents I guess from your list…

forexpipz
    Free Member

X-king 2.4 protection folder.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

How many sets do you own?

I can never tell if these sorts of threads are trolls or not.

nealglover
    Free Member

I can never tell if these sorts of threads are trolls or not.

I always presume they are.

I just presumed that people don’t really have multiple sets of tyres that they swap depending on where they are riding.

Seems like a bit of “pretending you’re a pro” if they actually do 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

More to the point what possesses you to ride Dalby… Most boring trail known to man.

I hope you enjoy it tho.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

in answer to: agentdagnamit I have a pair of Hookworms, Minions and Kujos(10 years old if a day and still going strong. The original DHers tyre) and that is all my tyre list.

in answer to: patriotpro My local trail is Innerleithen XC (2 laps on Sunday I did) so I am after something more calming this weekend…

in answer to: nealglover My mate gave me the Barons as he has gone all 29er now.

Thanks for the advice folks. Happy riding.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

In that case, I thoroughly recommend that you buy a set of Ardents, or High Rollers, or both.

I honestly hope you enjoy yourself, but whether you do or dont wont depend on which tyres you choose.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

agentdagnamit You are so right, I am going with 2 of my bestest friends that I do not see that often, we will have a great time whatever tyres I am on. I need to ‘Keep It Real’.
    Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which tyres for Dalby this weekend’ is closed to new replies.