Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which trail centre shall I ride?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Birthday treat to me on Monday is a day off and a visit to welsh wales to ride a trail centre. I have done Afan, BPW, Cwmcarn, Llandegla and Coed-y-Brenin. Which one shall I ride on Monday? Need enough riding to keep me entertained for approx 5hrs, enjoy trail centres and typically Red graded trails, not bothered whether its several different trails or a couple of laps of one trail. What do you guys recommend?

weeksy

Swinley… 5 times 😉

simon1975

Nant-yr-Arian with Birthday treats in the cafe before / during / after

andeh

Penmachno in the morning

Lunch in Betws-y-Coed

Marin in the afternoon

Tea at the chip shop

After tea mini Marin final descent loop

Pub

weeksy

Nant-yr-Arian with Birthday treats in the cafe before / during / after

Wow, that’s some cafe… i know where i’m going at the weekend !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

NYA as above.

Best mix of out in the open feel and rollercoaster playground.

jekkyl

Natural ride + trail centre?
    loop of Llandegla to worlds end and back, had my eye on this for a while and mean to complete later this year. Looks great.
    [video]https://youtu.be/NhRsHhM1uwQ[/video]

route stw thread
    possible gpx: http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/OTQ5MjU=

sgn23
    Free Member

Depends where you are coming from. You don’t want to spend half of your day off driving.
    I found Nant-yr-Arian quiet dull. Yes it has the wide open spaces, but there’s quite a bit of climbing without any good singletrack descents.

martinhutch

I’d tend to agree that NYA is a long way on slow roads for a flying visit. What singletrack (and it does have some) it does have is excellent though.

That Llandegla + World’s End route has gone on the list – looks ace.

fathomer

Degla & the Worlds End route is ace, but do the route that jekkyl posted as the single track down from the masts is brill even if it is a footpath!

votchy
    Free Member

Liking the look of the Degla Worlds End route, thanks for that. Any things to be aware of navigating it etc?

joebristol

Probably depends where you’re driving from. BPW with uplift would be my personal choice. CC is good for a lap of each red – although that’s probably only about 2.5 hours riding, maybe a little more. Really enjoy it every time I go there.

Afan I didn’t enjoy when I went there, but plenty of trails to keep you busy for 5 hours or so.

I’ve never been to North Wales to comment on that area.

JackHammer

It’s also midge season now. Got chewed to bits in Cwmcarn on Tuesday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which trail centre shall I ride?’ is closed to new replies.