Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • World's End from Llandegla marked routes – easy to find?
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Off to Degla Thursday and fancy trying to find this – is it easily found from the marked trails? where do I start from to find it? Is it worth it? anybody on here done it?

cheers.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Not been for a while, but I think you turn left after post number 42, where the initial climb from the trail centre levels off!
    Through gate, along planks of doom, turn right on road, enjoy descent; there is a ‘cheeky’ way, think you turn right immediately before?/after? gate, but I’m not familiar with that.
    Enjoy, take care, lovely ride.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

PS, I prefer to do it the other way – park in Llangollen, ride up through World’s end, loop of Llandegla with mandatory coffee/cake, then back to car.

project
    Free Member

From deggy climb up until you pass the RSPB hut on left, then then next track on left, down track to double gate, over the sleeper crossing to road, turn right and follow road down to Worlds end, wash mud off in Ford, turn round retrace road and look for path on left, this takes you up to transmitters above the ponderosa, round transmitters and down hill back to start, then right to continue round routes round deggy.

It does get very muddy and deep in place on the return, but a good ride.

mattbee

Back in the ’90s before the trail centre was there we used to come towards Llandegla over the sleepers of hell. We would then turn left running parallel to the forest up to the masts & then left again down a cracking bit of single track to Worlds End.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

TrekEX8 and Project are correct as to how to find the start of the FOOT PATH, so give way and be pleasant to walkers to ensure we can all ride it, but don’t turn left off the fire road climb too early.

It’s around 2.75miles from the car park, after the big exposed climb finishes at a fire road cross road. Go straight over here where it goes slightly downhill, it bears left and up to another fire road cross road.

It’s this one where you turn left.
    It’s easy to spot because if you go straight over the main track turns a sharp right before curving left.

Enjoy and if you fall, fall to the left 😉

TrekEX8
    Free Member

JohnClimber, just for clarity, the ‘planks of doom’ route is a bridleway; I’m not familiar with the other route.

mrhoppy

I’ve head (but never ridden guv, honest it wasn’t me. From Degla go up the climb at the top go left and then climb to the masts at the 2nd mast hang a left and descend singletrack to the road. A quick right then left onto a grassy track and follow that bearing right at splits. This should drop you onto the offas dyke footpath. At the bottom hanger right, back up the road and just as you start to descend look for the trail on the left along the sleepers.

blastit
    Free Member

If you look on google earth its the x road just before wiggley bit starts, after straight bits .Turn right and right before gate and follow fence line then hop over fence and up to masts/ transmitters. Past 2nd one and go left around back follow trail to road turn left on road and take next path/sleepers left. The two sleepers are laid lengthways with and exciting gap in the middle to keep you on your toes.

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks for the info all. Didn’t manage to find it this time around but armed with this thread, next time it’ll be a goer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘World's End from Llandegla marked routes – easy to find?’ is closed to new replies.