Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • which tough, trail watch? possible Suunto/ Casio content..
  • tymbian
    Free Member

So Im not after spending hundreds of pounds on one. It has to be able to take a beating if necessary, be water resistant ( 50m, although the anaraks amongst have probably already converted that into ATM’s ) and have features that would help me if I’m lost somewhere on my bike..what would I need, compass? Barometer? Altimeter? Laser pointer powerful enough to kill and cook a Bison. I quite like the look of the Suunto watches and don’t mind the Casio either. I ont like shiney, blingy or anything that makes my penis look bigger..what o the STW massif think?

sweaman2
    Free Member

sunnuto vector or simmilar is de-regiur over here in Canada. Seem to work just fine.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I’ve got a suunto X-Lander, use it as my biking and holiday watch (my “proper” watch is a Rolex GMT). Has loads of those functions, non of which I use on the bike, but have used now and again for other bits and pieces, love it.

rockhopperbike

Quite fancy a Suunto ambit to replace my old forerunner, will be nice to havea waterproof watch. Not sure whether the sapphire version is worth the extra cash, but they look a good strong watch qnd seem to get goood reviews.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was just looking at a timex expedition as a camping and bike trip watch. Not digital and not much in the way of features though(i’d have a gps with me if i was going anywhere i might need one) and I’ve no idea if they are actually any good either (opinions please!)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a cheapy timex expedition from a couple of years ago. It has a timer which is useful to remind me to eat, it tells the time and does alarm,stopwatch and has a compass, plus its waterproof to 100m.

It does everything needed pretty much, for me on a bike.

tymbian
    Free Member

bumpin up…

tymbian
    Free Member

Quite liking the Suunto Core….has anyone seen one on offer?

seadog101

tymbian – Member
    Quite liking the Suunto Core

That what I’ve got.

I like:
    The strap being plenty long enough to go on the outside of my jacket
    Compass, though not 100% accurate has kept me on the right track when signposts are gone.
    Altimeter is more accurate than you’d expect.

TooTall
    Free Member

If you don’t know how to use things like an altimeter, they are just some nice bling to wear down the pub on a fancy watch. However, if they justify you spenging loads on a flashy watch, you go for it.

ljs1977
    Free Member

G shock mudman.

gribble
    Free Member

Casio G shock look like they would survive a Zombie attack. Important as you would’ve want to be late for a meeting, especially with such a poor excuse.

I have a Suunto Vector, which has a compass, altimeter and barometer. All these things are essential for my desk job, being based in the wilderness of the south east.

The Timex Expedition watches also look very good and perhaps slightly better value. I would be happy with anything from the above, my choice was more down to the fact that i liked the look of he Suunto watches and my old sports dive watch was going to be 2 x the cost to service and replace battery, so thought I would treat myself to a man watch.

vondally
    Free Member

g SHOCKS relativley indestructable….4 in 19 years all still work just the plastic fails, one survived a 35 mph off alas the rest of me did not!

Have a Suunto Vector……really nice all the bling bits lot clearer than a g shock BUT do you need all the bits on it………. may sell mine on as I have a suunto T heart rate monitor and that really does all i need.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘which tough, trail watch? possible Suunto/ Casio content..’ is closed to new replies.