Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which steel core tyre levers?
  • singletracksurfer

any recommendations or warnings?

Thanks.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got Lezyne ones that have worked as you’d expect.

z1ppy

I had some Soma one’s.. I really liked them but the plastic eventually broke off exposing the metal insert. The (plastic only) pedro’s that replaced them have lasted longer are a better tyre lever IMO.

tomhoward

The enormous steel park ones (TL-5) are ace. Pretty sure the rim will give way before the lever will. Not sure this is a good thing.

singletracksurfer

ah, yeah its the Soma ones I was just looking at but heard and wondered that about them. Will see if I can find those others.

BadlyWiredDog

I’d second what zippy says about the Soma levers. I broke several in the same way and now use the Pedros ones which are excellent.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Currently using the Specialized MTB tyre levers. Very good indeed. Work well on all tyres, even tough DH casings.

clubber
    Free Member
    lilchris
    Free Member

Pedros are the only levers worth having.

/thread

singletracksurfer

Thanks. Might get the CRC ones then as can’t find the Pedros.

brakes
    Free Member

the big steel park ones are very good at levering tyres, but they will scratch your rims unless you’re very careful.
    I have some but only ever use(d) them for DH tyres. bought them for Michelin DH16s which were a bitch.
    they have other applications though.

Northwind

(someone has to) Why steel cored levers? They used to be popular but I’ve not broken a plastic one for years, even trying to fight dualplies on and off skinny tubeless rims.

I can’t recommend Lezyne’s powerlevers too highly tbh, absolutely perfect hook. My Pedros have all been relegated to the car toolkit, they’re good but they’re not as good.

clubber
    Free Member

They used to be popular but I’ve not broken a plastic one for years

I have. Probably down to tubeless tyre fitting but there you go. The ones I linked to above are as cheap as most decent plastic tyre levers and work for even the toughest tyre fitting. Why wouldn’t I use them?

househusband

Another recommendation for the Pedro levers; nice bright colours too so you’ll never lose them – I had the same experience with the over-rated Soma levers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which steel core tyre levers?’ is closed to new replies.