Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Which smart watch?
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

Can anyone sum up the differences between the Pebble
    Time and Pebble Steel, hopefully someone who has used both. Some
    Really helpful info here, thanks folks!!

DrP

pebble time is colour and a bit fancier.
    it comes in plastic, and steel (posher) finish, but the ‘lectrics are the same.

Pebble (original) came in plastic and steel too. IT’s black and white, and does less.

DrP

Stoner
    Free Member

how “buggy” is the original? how do the bugs manifest?
    do I really need a warranty, or would a £25 s/h be a fair gamble?

Cougar

Dunno about bugs but,

There’s a major new firmware just been released for the classic which adds a chunk of extra functionality (dunno what exactly, I never saw the old version).

There’s a known problem with the screen ‘tearing’ when scrolling. It’s fairly readily fixable though (the one I was given did it).

Stoner
    Free Member

good to hear, ta

thorpey0
    Free Member

I thought I had decided on the Pebble Time Steel

The I started looking at the Fenix again and that has just about won me over even though it’s more than £100 more.

nemesis
    Free Member

I thought that the latest software for the original pebble brought it largely in line with the time except that you can’t use apps requiring a microphone (so no dictating replies or texts direct from the watch).

I had a classic before I got the Time and had no issues with it though some (non-official) apps were a little buggy. No issues with the Time.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

For proper GPS / outdoor stuff, the Fenix is on another level! Just done the Cape Wrath Ultra and the Fenix was my best friend.

… but what’s the Fenix like for navigation? Can you use it instead of an Edge, say, or is it really just a tracker?

Stoner
    Free Member

Pebble.
    Well that’s disappointing.
    the original pebble I bought s/h from ebay for £25 (finally) arrived this morning.

It was “working” when it arrived – in that I could navigate watch menus etc. However Ive been attempting to connect it to my android phone and amongst a flurry of update efforts etc I seem to be stuck in a recovery mode boot loop. And I am not alone. Loads of people the same and no successful support advice on getting out of it. Ive used two android phones to try and get it to update and launch a stable firmware version, but with no luck.

So a £25 pebble shaped brick now. That’s not going to encourage me to throw any serious money at Pebble anytime soon.

leffeboy

most aptly named device ever. well done

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Which smart watch?’ is closed to new replies.