Home Forums Chat Forum Which security cameras?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which security cameras?
    phil5556

The more I keep reading about stolen bikes the more I think I should maybe do something to protect our garage.

I’m going to put a couple of PIR floodlights up covering the front and side doors but also wondering about if cameras are worthwhile?

If I do it I think it makes sense to have one at the front, side & inside? I think the indoor ones seem cheap enough to have as a “might as well” add on.

Any recommendations for what works well and doesn’t cost too much please?

We use Blink ones in the campervan to keep an eye on the dog – stick with them or is there something better?

Cheers

burntembers

In the tradition of recommending what you have, For outside I have the non solar version one of these, had no problems with it.

Only records when detecting movement. Using App it’s easy to set up detection zones; motion sensitivity is also adjustable. Picture is decent in day and low light. Can be viewed live through phone or Google home devices. Only possible draw back is wifi range drops off quick if it is obstructed by too many outside obstacles like walls fences etc ( I set up repeater to get better signal).

Deal: eufy Security SoloCam S220 Solar Security Camera Outdoor Wireless, Continuous Power, 2K Resolution Home Security Camera, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, No Monthly Fee, HomeBase 3 Compatible https://amzn.eu/d/4I5KYM6

dab

TP link

we have a pair of these Tapo C320WS

brilliant , easy set up , works via WiFi and we have them connected to internal sockets.

ymmv

squirrelking
    Free Member

Honestly?

Only bike I know of that got stolen in Troon was my mates BMX from his completely unlocked and unoccupied house. He took it back from the wee bams over the hill within a couple of days.

My hot take: don’t waste your money on cameras, they’re only useful after the fact. I’d rather spend my money on making sure I still had a bike than a picture of the bastard that took it.

If I was considering a camera it would be something that doesn’t rely on a subscription or involve giving someone all my data.

Not incredibly helpful I know but how many bikes are actually stolen around your bit? How much of anything for that matter?

Sandwich

@squirrelking Eufy don’t need a sub and they can be blocked from spying on the owner.

Locally there are a couple of scrotes that spent time at HM pleasure due to cameras on the property they attempted to burgle.

phil5556

@squirrelking yeah you’re likely right, which is why I haven’t ever got around to actually getting any. But they’re getting cheaper and if they’re a bit of a deterrent for that one time someone decides they want to check my garage out then May be worth it?

A buy one get one free offer for Eufy kept coming up on Amazon but I couldn’t actually get it to work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.