Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which Salt and Pepper Grinder?
  • thesurfbus
    Free Member

I am fed up buying cheap Salt and Pepper Grinders that wear out quickly or leak their product over the table/cupboard, and was wondering what the STW collective thought was the best to buy.
    I would prefer something modern looking (like a Joseph Joseph), and my budget is £50 the pair.

Stoner
    Free Member

£50 the pair.

you could buy a bike for that! 😯

ericemel
    Free Member

Willams Bound Pepart personally.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Peugeot mills – by far the best I have ever used. adjustable coarseness, well made.

http://www.peugeotmills.co.uk/

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Salter electric ones are good. Mine has been faultless for a couple of years.
    Clicky

marsdenman
    Free Member

Willams Bound – seconded.
    Simple, standard shapes for us. Gloss black for Sammy Salt. Gloss red for Percy Pepper 😉
    Adjustable for fine / med / coarse grind.
    Ours have been fine for the last 5 years.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been using Electric ones for the last 2 years but recently thought I’d go back to Hand Grind, just for effect though, the Electric ones have been faultless though the batteries need replacing once every 4mths or so.

Raymond

Zassenhaus are really good, have a 25 year guarantee and an adjustable ceramic mechanism. Within your budget as well if you get them off the web.

alpin
    Free Member

pretty much anything from WMF with ceramic grinder.

bought some for the old man (same complaint as OP) and he’s still happy with them six years later.

the GF and i now have some, too. as do lots of her friends.

we’re in germany, remember, and here they love robust quality.

http://www.wmf.com/wmf-for-at-home/search_616.html?sid=431B216B-BC9D-49C3-8EE1-592FA3ABC073

sam_underhill

Anything with the crush grind mechanism FTW. You will still get excess ground S&P sticking to the underside and then falling off, but the mechanism works sooooooo well. I never thought I’d get enthusiastic about a grinder until I bought these.

pjt201
    Free Member

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10152875

Who needs to spend £50 when you can get one of these. The mill is a the top so doesn’t leave anything anywhere. Ceramic grinding bits and fully adjustable.

toys19
    Free Member

pestle and mortar. last forever.

wallop

+1 for ikea, they are brilliant, adjustable and last years! Really easy to dismantle and clean too. not posh though.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Another +1 for ikea. They are fantastic. Had two of them for salt and pepper for about 5 years and they’re not wearing out. £6 each? Bargain.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve been using Electric ones for the last 2 years but recently thought I’d go back to Hand Grind, just for effect though

Living the dream….. 🙄

organic355
    Free Member

I have these:

Iittala salt & peppe mill set.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I am liking those Iittala mills, do they have adjustable coarseness?

nockmeister
    Free Member

This one seems apt in the present climate..
    Cole and Mason Baseball bat grinder

Tracey

Been using thes from Lakeland for years

CaptJon
    Free Member

Another +1 for Ikea – very adjustable and i’ve had mine (slightly different version to the pictured one, but looks the same mechanism) for 5 years.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which Salt and Pepper Grinder?’ is closed to new replies.