Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • which philosopher said..
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

something about us being a different person for each person we interact with?

yossarian
    Free Member

Vera Duckworth?

Moses

Alfred Garnett?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rab C. Nesbitt

BigJohn

Albert Chameleon

trailmonkey

descartes said it to me but nietzsche told my brother

RealMan
    Free Member

Orange?

binners

Benny Hill

derek_starship
    Free Member

Keith Chegwin.

Such a profound man.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sorely disappointed in the number of smart arses on here today vs the number of clever dicks.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did it really need a ‘philosopher’ to say something as self-evident as that ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Probably not, but |I think one did. It would be useful for me right now if I could quote them. I just can’t do that if I can’t rememebr who it was.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

In fairness, I have, in relation to the NOTW phone hacking, heard at least one comment today which is directly attributable to Josef Goebbles, but the orator refused to accept that.

It was the one along the lines of incarcerating 10 innocent men or letting one guilty one live freely.

So some of the above may not have been sofar off the mark.

Picto
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like Goffman’s notion of the self – from a very distant memory.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Try this link it’s pretty good for “quotes”

null

molgrips
    Free Member

Did it really need a ‘philosopher’ to say something as self-evident as that ?

Rather depends on when it was said, doesn’t it? Much of what we consider obvious today had to be figured out by someone in the past and become part of the general body of knowledge carried by society.

Junkyard
    Free Member

good poitnt molgips and STW is doing our bit to further this pool of knowledge. One day no one will ever ask what tyres as it will just be known

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘which philosopher said..’ is closed to new replies.