Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Which of these bikes, tarty, nice bike content :)
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

Great thread! Possibly the most pointless ever

slowrider
    Free Member

if you havent already bought a bike id consider a commencal supreme, ive seen them for sub £1800 for this years one, retail is 2500.

i use mine for 'xc', by which i mean downhill but riding to the top first. cant fault it (apart from the weight)

benji_allen
    Free Member

Not sure if you'd be willing to buy 2nd hand, but I reckon one of these might fit the bill.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPECIALIZED-SX-TRAIL-ONE-2008-/220639014202?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item335f1c2d3a#ht_500wt_1154

I didn't read the description on it tho so it might not be a good one.

With regards to the Giant. They look a lot better in the flesh than in a picture.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

that sx trail is very suspect

RealMan
    Free Member

J need to sell because i bought a car.

????

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

even if it was listed with proper grammar i wouldn't buy it as in the photos it hasn't even been cleaned!

benji_allen
    Free Member

See what you mean. You get the idea though. Good bikes.

Urchinboy
    Free Member

DeVinci Frantik or Hectik. Awesome bikes with a lifetime warranty on the frame. Proper four bar suspension and excellent value too. My Frantik is a little heavy for speedy climbing but it gets me there, and it's ridiculous fun on the way down.

IMO better than any of those you listed.

benji_allen
    Free Member

And also a lot more expensive?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

urchin boy, the aim is a bike sub 1600 bike that is more than capable of handling stupid stuff

the marin reduced from 2700 to 1600 is looking rather good atm 🙂

Urchinboy
    Free Member

urchin boy, the aim is a bike sub 1600 bike that is more than capable of handling stupid stuff

Exactly:

Devinci Frantik £1400

Devinci Hectik £1400

They are slightly older models but its the same frame all the way up to this years model, and throughout the range. Just the spec that changes a bit. I have a 2007 Frantik and I have never ridden a better bike for the kind of riding you're describing. Perfect platform for upgrades too.

yunki
    Free Member

buy a spacehopper

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Why don't you go look and ride them and buy the one that rides the best instead of coming up with loads of crap.

I'm still yet to see the "nice tarty bike" but thats my opinion

ahwiles
    Free Member

i've got a mondraker prayer, it's chuffing brilliant.

mine weighs 33lbs, it's the best Dh bike i've ever ridden, and will happily go uphill aswell.

(ok, so i changed the forks, cranks, wheels, stem, handlebar, saddle and seatpost for lighter stuff, but the frame, shock, brakes and gears are all good)

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i cant ride any of the, we only have one specialized dealer who stocks them on the island and doesn't keep them in stock.

Also the other bike shops sell main stream stuff, so I have to order online

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Which of these bikes, tarty, nice bike content :)’ is closed to new replies.