Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • which beamshot looks best here
  • trout
    Free Member

Hi Macgyver.

Yes it did thank you and very nice it was too though fortunatly the wife was not keen she prefers white .

Boy have you ever wished you had never started something 😕

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Black is "brighter" but I reckon blue would be less tiring to the eyes.

Can't wait to test one out…!

trout
    Free Member

Matt will be in the post today
    and you are getting the blue so can give a subjective opinion

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Brilliant – will be tested side by side to a 601.

Come on tomorrow night – hurry up and arrive!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Black for both. If you need any more testers….:-)

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

The colour rendition on black is more accurate, you can see this in the leaves and the soil, also on the wall where there is a broader range of orange & brown visible in the bricks. The blue has a definite greenish tint to it. That's not to say I prefer the black though! There is something appealing in the lack of glare from the blue and what appears to be a more natural fade of light because of this. Maybe 4 & 2 is the way to go on the LED count 😀

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Black is 6 xpg cool whites running at 1 amp so a theretical lumen count of 2106 lumens

blue is 3 XPG cool whites and 3 XPE natural white at 1 amp
    for a theretical lumen count of 1821 lumens .

Trouty,
    I think the spread of votes indicates you're in the right area, converging on the best compromise balance between the two LEDs.

At risk of "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs" how about 4 cool/2 natural?
    HTH

(edit – damn – too slow – rustry got there first)

AlexSimon

Interestingly I would have guessed the exact reverse LED-wise.
    The black photos have much more variety of colour. I would have expected the warm LEDs to have produced this.
    Of course it could look completely different to the eye (as opposed to the camera).

Anyway – I prefer the black – it looks much more like daylight in the photos.

Padowan
    Free Member

Black in both cases: Better contrast and colour in my opinion.

Luminous
    Free Member

Ah, so.

Without telling me, a light has been acquired for an unofficial group test, against the mighty Lumen Liberator, in the hands of Surf_mat.
    Would have been nice to have been asked
    😉

Trout.
    Did you know Surf_Mat was going to do this ?, what have you set the Maximum output level to on that Liberator ?
    🙂

By the way, nice beam shots. Of course, we all recognize them as being yours, and the result of your hard work and efforts.
    😀

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

black here for both.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lum – nothing like that at all. Just wanted to try both out. No plans to do some big write up, just keen to look at both. Can't see a problem with that? Apologies if it is a problem though!

Luminous
    Free Member

No problem mate, just a bit of a surprize.

If you turn them both on at the same time…

Then just don't point your bike at anyone you like, or a reflective surface.

Enjoy.

😀

tron
    Free Member

Black for both. There's a bit more spread on the Blue (not really anywhere you need it though), but the colour is 'orrid.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lum/Trout – do you want me to post my findings or keep it to myself? Happy to do either seeing as you've both been cool enough to let me test both.

BTW – the "same time" thing is actually a bit of a coincidence, not intended! I'm not qualified to do an indepth test anyway – just like the look of both and lucky enough that both of you will let me test one. TBH that (to me) is flipping amazing in itself.

trout
    Free Member

Matt
    I happy for your opinion warts an all on mine to be posted.

MS
    Free Member

Blue for me, looks brighter than the black

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Prefer the blue on high, but the black on low… sorry, thats probably not a huge help is it… overall, I reckon blue, there's just too much glare on the black/high

goog
    Free Member

black

brassneck

Black! Black! Black!

Stevo210
    Free Member

I have been running a Liberator with all XPG's for the last 2 weeks and for my eyes and outright breath taking brightness and trail illumination it ticks all the right boxes and then some.
    I also have been able to compare it to a trout mini beamshot and colour which uses the Natural XPE's and in my opinion the XPG's win by a country mile.

But as with anything subjective like this, each rider will have different needs and eyesight and opinions and preferences.

Unless you have them side by side you'd be pushed to remember the difference I reckon. Either way, Black or Blue, you'll be getting alot of bang for your buck.
    😀

Luminous
    Free Member

Surf_Mat.

Yeah, as what Trout posted, I'm cool with it, run'em as you want to.
    😀

Thats a lot of lumens you're gonna have there. You might find you mates want you to ride in front.
    😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Actually if I did switch both on at the same time, it would be around 4000 lumens – An AWACS may well be alerted then I might be carpet bombed by a B2!

Luminous
    Free Member

An AWACS may well be alerted then I might be carpet bombed by a B2

LoL, yeah, its certainly would get some attention.

😀

EDIT: I think You're the first person who's managed to get both lights for loan at the same time.
    Good Effort
    😉

Stevo210
    Free Member

Having used the Liberator, Mini & 7UP I'd be really interested in a comparison.

Fair play to both sides for letting this run 🙂

Riding in front is definitely a plan though, as your mates will end up in a silhouette of doom cast by yourself and crash 🙁

Android
    Free Member

Blue

trout
    Free Member

Riding behind is a better marketing ploy as they will all need a new light . 😈
    or you will end up with no mates to night ride with .

chunkypaul
    Free Member

blue!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The "same time" element is definitely a bit of an accident – honestly!

Anyway whichever I prefer, I really am impressed with both already. Wickedly powerful, UK made, the very latest LED technology yet much cheaper but probably better made than known brands (that won't let you test their £400++ lights).

If you want mega power, it seems a no brainer to me – either a Luminous or a Troutie; depending on personal preference.

Luminous
    Free Member

Tending to go more for the Black, but as already mentioned, using a 4-2 arrangement might be worth trying ?.

trout
    Free Member

OK in the interest of fairness here is a shot of a 7UP OK not Lumis but the same stuff inside .and taken last night with the others
    apart from it has 4 XPGs and 3 XPEs naturals to try and give a longer throw

but I am sold out of these and wont have more this year

Luminous
    Free Member

Yeap. That 7-Up uses the similar equipment as my 701, but the combined LEDs are a Trout idea, as far as I know.

My 701 uses either all XP-G or all XP-E. But the mixed LED boards are available now.

😀

Model 701 is a monster, I mean loads of light, fierce.
    8)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lum – got any info on your other lights anywhere on the net?

Luminous
    Free Member

Surf_Mat.

Yeah, new website any day now.

But more of that elsewhere, as this is Trouty's beamshot thread
    😉

Cheers.

CHB

Without commenting on colour temperature difference (camera and monitor could throw that out), I prefer black on both. As said above the range of colour differences that can be seen in the black is much better. On "blue" everything looks muted and similar colour.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thought this would help with all the beam shots in one go.

AlexSimon

All of them look completely ridiculously gloriously over-the-top.
    If I had more than bastid money – I'd be in like a shot.

Kamikirk
    Free Member

Black all the way for me. Blue just looks a not wishy washy to me, and i dont like the way the tree trunks look green. Though agree it's less glare on the blues. Think its subjective and dependant on the users eyes/preferences.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

blue on both

Goldigger
    Free Member

Purple for me.. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘which beamshot looks best here’ is closed to new replies.