Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which is harder, TQ or TDF?
  • BadlyWiredDog

After the recent spate of Quest Molesting, in the course of which I learned that Trail Questers aren’t the fluffy Trackster-wearing bunch of old duffers I’d always assumed, but finely honed and massively competitive athletes ready to give anyone a good kicking at a moment’s notice, I found myself wondering which would be harder, doing a Trail Quest or competing in the Tour de France?

I realise that Lance has probably never done a Trail Quest and almost certainly hasn’t competed against Graham, but theoretically would he, let alone a humble Tour journeyman, be able to hold Graham’s wheel for three hours over the course of a Trail Quest? More pertinently, would Lance and his pampered fellow pros be able to find their way to the next checkpoint in the event of Graham dropping them on a hill.

I know some of you will think this ridiculous and assume that they simply wouldn’t be able to keep up, but but I reckon one or two would be in with a fighting chance given a bit of luck.

And what about the reverse scenario, would Lance or Contador be able to stay with Graham or the Faff person on the Galibier or the Onetwo? And what would the effect of wearing Tracksters be on an elite road racer?

So what does STW reckon? Which is harder, a Trail Quest or the Tour de France? Please try to keep your replies sensible, I don’t want this turning into another us and them Quest molesting scenario.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It seems harmless and bike related so what is the big problem folk have with it?

BadlyWiredDog

It seems harmless and bike related so what is the big problem folk have with it?

What, the Tour de France? Where do I start?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cant decide whether to laugh or do a cheeky edit 😉
    Ps
    FIRST STAGE
    Passage du Gois > Mont des Alouettes: 191 km
    A Grand Start between sky and sea… The official start of the 98th edition of the Tour de France will take place at the Passage du Gois. Linking the continent to the island of Noirmoutier and measuring 4.5 km in length, the Passage du Gois is a submersible road covered twice daily at high tide, but which remains fully accessible at low tide.

Beforehand, the starting ceremony will take place in Fromentine followed by a parade along the island of Noirmoutier. Then, once they have rejoined terra firma, the pack will wind its way through the Vendée, firstly along mainly flat roads towards the south, before heading northeast towards Les Herbiers through more rolling countryside. The finishing line will be based at Mont des Alouettes whose summit stands at 232 metres. The Mont des Alouettes was a strategically important site during the Wars of the Vendée (1793-1796).

BadlyWiredDog

Where are the checkpoints? It’s piss easy just riding along, I think things might be different if those pampered druggies actually had to use a map and compass occasionally.

RealMan
    Free Member

Surely the garmin team would do ok?

Have you ever seen a map board on a TDF bike ?
    There you are then. They wouldn’t even find the first Control Point.

And what’s all that riding in a big bunch nonsense.
    You can’t ride 5 abreast on a bridleway you know.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

Point me to a trail quest that takes 21 days and covers 3,430 kilometres.

Why should I point you anywhere? Learn to navigate fhs…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which is harder, TQ or TDF?’ is closed to new replies.