Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Freewheel…
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Not stretching to White Industries this go, (will do eventually)

Meanwhile, any recommendations for a cheaper one?

amedias
    Free Member

cheaper than WI, but not ‘cheap’ is the Halo Clickster, and a very good freewheel it is too!

Pickup is good, longevity is good, price is OK, my go-to freewheel option now.

Clobber
    Free Member

Thanks amedias, best place to get one?

thomthumb
    Free Member

bricklane bikes are supposed to be good value at each of the 3 price points.

amedias
    Free Member

anywhere that sells them online for <£40 posted really

Clobber
    Free Member

Going to try bricklane bikes, Halo Clickster is just a re-branded cheap generic part apparently…

epicyclo

Sturmey-Archer.

It’s not a niche product to them, and it has to work reliably.

But WI has the nice quick uptake.

amedias
    Free Member

Halo Clickster is just a re-branded cheap generic part apparently

Maybe so, but they are very good, can’t compare directly to the BLB one, as I’ve only ever fondled one not used in anger, but would love to hear how you get on with them.

WI is still my favourite and I’ve got a few that have been rebuilt enough times now to not be sure if they have any original bits left other than the core.

Shimano and ACS units generally annoy me by having terrible pickup and spontaneously exploding.

I’ve had a couple of trials specific ones in the past, WI trials and an Echo SL 108, which was good for pickup but very poorly sealed 🙁

I guess, what we should have asked at the beginning is what are you using it for?

SS road/track? offroad? trials?

Clobber
    Free Member

No offence meant amedias, just hate it when you see generic stuff with different logos on at different price points all claiming superior performance to the others…

Will let you know how the BLB one is…

epicyclo, I will get a WI eventually, just not yet

Edit: Offroad on 29+ plus wheels! Phil Wood Hubs…

amedias
    Free Member

no offence taken at all!

Re-branding and logo-inflation prices are annoying, but the product is sound so if you have info on what catalogue part the Clickster is and a cheaper source would also be interested in that, as I said they are good so if the same product can be had for less I’m all ears!

Be glad to know how you get on with a BLB one as I’ve only fondled them but never used one, also they say there are serviceable so once you’ve got it if you fancy giving a report on how easy they are to work on and what parts are available or need regular attention, and how well sealed they are that would be very useful too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Freewheel…’ is closed to new replies.