Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Flea-bay cree job for my lads bikes?
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Aye up 🙂

The Tublettes are expressing an interest in going for a night ride. There are so many choices on fleabay that I’m be-fuzzled (like be-fuddled, but with extra brain death).

I was thinking of about £15/20 max. Something that’ll have a good spread, one hr run time would be fine I guess with Mr.Tubs providing lumen support.

Any recommendations welcome 🙂

PaulD
    Free Member

LT,

I have 2 suggestions, both bought by me:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/flood-to-throw-zooming-cree-p4-wc-3-mode-led-bike-light-with-mount-3-aaa-26800

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault-crown-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82508

I know this is cheap and expensive respectively, but the cheap one is OK for road and firetrack, whereas the expensive one is good for real MTB, particularly one on the bars and one on the lid.

Let us know what you decide to get.

PaulD

nbt

http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_21969.htm

looks very similar to the first on recommended by PaulD, but doesn;t have the flat milled sides. mounts nicely onto handlebars with zip ties (or a really big o-ring). Quite a few left in Hyde Aldi last week – get in touch if you want me to pick one up on monday, I think you;re close to me (Marple)? You’re welcome to borrow mine to try it if you want

z1ppy

Lot of cheap LED lights on eBay, but the better one for the money come from HongKong, so ‘could’ potentially take a while to arrive. The XML torch Stoner reviewed is a damned good torch for the money, as long you willing to wait the 23 odd day.
    If you want quicker then you’ll need to use a UK supplier, I’d suggest upping the budget to £35 and getting something like this XM-L bike light (I’ve not used the seller and am not anything to do with him, he’s just got the light at the right price point). It might be a bit cheaply made, I’d prefer the more expensive on Smudge sells, but for the money, a little maybe a bit of bodging (re-soldering a wire) too get a full season out of it is probably fine.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Thanks folks for the advice. I think I’ll go uber cheap and take nbt up on his advice simply because I can’t trust mi self…it’s only another £X so I’ll get that one…..but if I pay just £X more….I’m SO weak 😛 😆

So, nbt if you could pick me up x2 sets I could either paypal you or, if you’re intending to attend (as I am) the xmas pootle we could conduct a suspect looking deal in the carpark?

Cheers.

nbt

if you’re intending to attend (as I am) the xmas pootle

Seeing as I’m leading it, I’d better be there. Cash is always good. Will drop you an email on Monday if I manage to get them – they might have sold out, but as I say there were half a dozen left on wednesday when last I picked one up for a mate 🙂

LoveTubs
    Free Member

nbt, forgive my lack of investigative skills. Just checked wifies shift pattern and again I’m out for yet another pootle (was free for last one, but was moving house…..any old excuse).

I’ll email you to kill this thread.

LT

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Hi PaulD,

In the interest of completeness;
    To feedback on a cheap set of Cree lights I purchased for the lads bikes. I went for a fleabay UK seller 7w Q5 (whatever that means??) zoomable that claimed 400lm.

Well, they arrived pronto…which is always good, paid a little more that I wanted but buy the time I’d driven to Aldi and back the extra petrol would even the deal out.

The brackets were/are very good, bit cheaply made (obviously) but work a treat and POP to fit…field and depth of illumination was fine for the lads, more than enough to see obstacles and the trail ahead out to 25-30ft but not too much to evoke a false sense of security….pretty much spot on, if you pardon the pun.

Only gripe: there is an observable difference in output between the two torches, one is bang on just what I wanted, the other’s (LED quality I guess) ‘brightness’ isn’t quite as good…which the lads have picked up on and thus argue over who gets to use the ‘best’ unit….joy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Flea-bay cree job for my lads bikes?’ is closed to new replies.