Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which all round trail tyres suitable for stans no tubes?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Looking for 26 x 2.1 folding tyre suitable for tubeless conversion. Have run panaracer and maxxis in the past. What would people recommend?
    Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Maxxis going up tubeless. Would be worth going for EXO sidewalls if you go for Maxxis, just a bit tougher without too much weight penalty.

sandwicheater

Love my Specialized Purgatories 2Bliss.

Is the amnesty still on? May be able to pick them up cheap?

hitman
    Free Member

Cheers forgot about the amnesty

jacob46
    Free Member

Specialized are quality tyres!

njee20
    Free Member

Racing Ralph or Nobby Nic?

I’ve got a new, boxed pair of the former if of interest.

ratherbeintobago

In line with usual STW forum practice of recommending what you’ve got, Conti MK II ProTections work well, though are slightly bigger (26×2.2″) than what you’re after. Sidewalls seem a bit porous so do need a couple of doses of sealant to seal up (which was commented on in the review in STW 89 IIRC).

Like them so much I’m getting the same again in 29er flavour on the new bike.

jonnyrockymountain

Specialized ground control 2.1 brilliant

wiggles
    Free Member

as above spesh GC or purg

doh
    Free Member

Hans dampf best tyre ever IMHO

wilko1999
    Free Member

I have a pair of 2bliss Ground Controls for sale if interested. They have covered 35 miles, are pretty much like new and I’m only after £35 posted for the pair. They’re 26×2.3, I realise you stated 2.1 in your post but they come up on the small side anyway. Email in profile if interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which all round trail tyres suitable for stans no tubes?’ is closed to new replies.