Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which 29er rigid fork
  • quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m after a 29er rigid fork tapered steerer 15mm bolt through for my build.
    Ideally carbon, disc mount.
    Cheap
    Any ideas??
    Thanks in advance.

sideshow
    Free Member

“I’m after all the most expensive features humanly possible on a rigid fork”
    “Cheap”
    Any ideas?

Drop one of those requirements?

Seriously rigid forks do cost a lot for what they are don’t they. Try putting an ad up on the wanted forum, it worked for me (but I was just going for cheap).

Clobber
    Free Member

Not many bolt through rigid forks about, I’d say go QR and steel and buy it from somebody local… 😆

cp

Assuming this is for the Scandal…

You will get headset races for both taper and straight 1.1/8″ forks, so you can use either.

If you’ve got your eye on a 15mm front wheel, then you can use things like this:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-conversion-kit-15mm-to-qr/rp-prod80192

to adapt the 15mm wheel to QR…

Both things open up your rigid fork options enormously!

Chris

BillOddie

Salsa do 15mm bolt thru cromotos. 1/1/8 though i think.

I’m fairly sure I have seen some ridiculously expensive taper steerer 15mm carbon forks but they were about £300 IIRC.

quintet100
    Free Member

Thanks chaps

Clink
    Northwind

Binning the bolt-through will help- Exotic are a great buy if you accept QR (and OK, this is an IMO but the last thing I wanted from my rigids was extra stiffness! Sideways travel is still travel!)

Do like my Hylixes, they weigh nowt but I’ve got to be honest and say they still give me the heebie jeebies sometimes just from their lightness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er rigid fork’ is closed to new replies.