Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whic linux OS…?
  • juan
    Free Member

Should I use unbuntu SUSE or go bonker and use gentoo?
    Cheers

Monkeypuncher
    Free Member

Multi-boot and try them all on the same machine.
    I use Kubuntu and like it a lot.

disco_stu
    Free Member

if its for a desktop i'd go for ubuntu. i had suse preinstalled on a netbook and had a fair few problems with it.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I use Ubuntu Karmic Koala and love it only thing I use windoze for now is internet banking which I think is odd…

I just use the grub boot thing so I can decide which OS i want to use. I will probably add Kubuntu tonight as I want a change….

brakeswithface

Ubuntu here, happy customer!

khegs
    Free Member

Desktop, Ubuntu or Kubuntu probably.
    Server, Debian, I actually use it on my desktop as well, but I have been running linux for years now, and I can't be arsed to install a new distro as debian works.

Gentoo, pretty good, a colleague ran it for a few years, but he switched to Ubuntu as eeking out the last little bit of performance wasn't all that important to him.

Wouldn't touch Suse with a barge pole (or the other red hat derivatives either).

What about Slackware 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

For a simple desktop I'd also say (k)ubuntu. For a more involved user, I'd go with Fedora – never got on with any of the others myself.

jon1973
    Free Member

I use Um Bongo

trusz
    Free Member

If you have a life, Ubuntu, if not, Gentoo 😀

ski
    Free Member

Been using ubuntu for about 4 months after swapping from XP.

Found it quick and easy to install, no issues yet, just for home use at the moment.

Olly
    Free Member

ubuntu here 🙂

not had any major issues at all with it. was looking for a driver so i can use a playstation eyetoy as a webcam on it, (like i could on windows) except ive just realised i cant find my camera ANYWAY.

would reccomend it 🙂

juan
    Free Member

ok I'll dig in the ubuntu then
    cheers

grahamb
    Free Member

fedora

epicsteve
    Free Member

I use Oracle Enterprise Linux which is a red-hat enterprise clone.

matt_outandabout

Mint version of Ubuntu is pre-loaded with 95% of the progs and plugins I needed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

new karmic koala is begging to be tried out, just getting it downloaded now:)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ubuntu 9.04 here.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whic linux OS…?’ is closed to new replies.