Home Forums Bike Forum Where’s my creak coming from? (’20 Orbea Occam / Fun-Works N-Light AM Ride)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where’s my creak coming from? (’20 Orbea Occam / Fun-Works N-Light AM Ride)
  • higgo
    Free Member

No creak on the workstand. No creak riding it up and down outside the house. No creak for first half mile or so.
    And then the creak starts… it comes and goes and it’s ‘sort of’ but not obviously linked to pedalling cadence.

I’ve had everything apart and put it back together but the creak comes back.

If you put a gun to my head I’d say it was coming from the hub/freehub  but I’m far from 100% sure.

Obviously you can’t be 100% sure either but interested to hear from anyone who’s had the same frame or wheel, had a creak and found out what it was.

Speculate away…

davros

I think the common creak people complain of with the Occam is the linkage assembly. Have you serviced the bearings? If so did you use the special loctite on the linkage spines and torque it all up to spec?

Not familiar with those wheels but if you think it sounds like the hub then I’d investigate that along with all the frame bearings.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Donno, but having that same creak has totally put me off my Occam.

higgo
    Free Member

It feels/sounds further back than the linkage. I’ve never had the linkage apart but it’s creaked almost since new.

StirlingCrispin

My shock bolt seized. Creaked like a creaky thing.

Known problem and the carbon frame was replaced under warranty. Supplied with another stupid aluminium shock bolt so replaced with the stainless steel upgrade bolt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.