Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Where you riding over the Christmas holidays
  • Tracey

We started ours today out in the Peak.
    Got a few days in the camper so started off with one of our favourites. Trails were still wet from last nights downpour. Didn’t see many out on the trails

Will probably get a couple of local rides in before we set off up North for the New Year

ta11pau1

It’s wetter than an otters pocket down here with a fair bit of flooding, so unless we get a good week of dry weather, it’ll be the gravel bike on (non flooded) b roads and lanes.

sparkerfix

Dragging our camper out for a trip into wales. Hopefully.

senorj

I have tomorrow and Boxing Day to go for a cx tastic ride in Hertfordshire. Tbh I will probably stick to the quiet roads, so muddy here. 🙁
    Then a few days in Cumbria . hurrah .
    Inclined to take my cx for there too!
    Have fun.👍🎄

fathomer

Out in the Peak tomorrow, then have the 3 weekdays between Christmas & New Year to myself and the weekend riding with the wife. As long as the weather plays ball I’ll be riding quite a lot!

mattbee

Nowt so nice as you. It’s absolutely sodden down this way so avoiding mtb locally.
    Swinley tomorrow, then a spin on the road over Old Win Hill/ the Meons on Mon with the Mrs as she’s demoing an Orbea elec assist gravel bike (knackered knees).
    Mayne a quick gravel bike spin on Christmas morning and then will see how my hangover is for plans later in week!

hairyscary

Weather has been perfect in Aberdeenshire and Moray so far this weekend.

Friday was a post nightshift spin on Millstone Hill in Aberdeenshire. My fellow night shifter worker following me.

Today was a trip over to Dallas in Moray for the first time in ages. The trails were as steep as ever 😀

I’ll be riding somewhere tomorrow, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, etc……all local.

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of short local rides I hope – only away a couple of days so thinking 10-20 miles every other day, mix of road, gravel and MTB, just to get a little fitness back in the legs after a pretty bike free 6 months

Alex

Nice pics as ever Tracy!

CwmCarn tomorrow. Hopefully a cheeky local Xmas eve ending in the pub. Missing the 27th Gap Ride we do every year as visiting family. I’ve done 8 out of the last 10 so I’ve had a good run.

It’s so wet here (FoD) but hoping forecast is correct and I can get out a few times on my new bike. As come Jan 6 I’m working away nearly the whole month 🙁

reluctantjumper

Out tomorrow, deciding whether to go to BPW, Cwmcarn, FOD or do the Gap. Should get out on Christmas day morning and possibly Boxing day too. Hopefully get out on the 29th before the new year. Either way a few rides to see the year out will be done.

forge197
    Free Member

Nice Pics for me Coed Y Brenin tomorrow, maybe Llandgela on Xmas Eve after that will probably be a couple indoor rides due to time, might do something on New Years Day if I don’t do a Parkrun.

slackboy

Pootling around rossendale this weekend then then heading for Sheffield, will do lady Cannings and froggat edge on boxing Day. On a cotic, natch.

colournoise

Probably a fair few local rides, with or without the dog. Hopefully one or two further afield (The Peak maybe – not been up that way for a while). Will also find time to do my now traditional ride New Year’s eve and ride New Year’s Day routine.

garage-dweller

Really fancy a good ride out with eldest over the festive period but struggling to think where is going to not be a slimy ****** fest.

Went out to do some dog walking for a localish rescue centre today and the sandy based trails that would normally also be my safe “it’s been filthy” tracks are churned up and 6 inches deep in muddy slop.

Given my other choices are Meon Valley or South Downs I’m hoping for a few dry days. Maybe if I can get the car fixed we will head for Swinley but bit of a trek in the car. (Unless you want to tell me that’s a bloody swamp too!)

garage-dweller

And I’m not at all jealous of Tracey or hairyscary. Not even a weeny bit.

kimbers

Family ride round the local cycle paths today, my elder boys, 7&9 had the most fun ever sliding in the slop and these are mostly tarmac!, pretty much coated in mud head to toe , strip off at the back door & straight to the bath for them!
    3 year old on their balance bikes were struggling by the end.

In laws co.e on Monday so local trip to woburn Xmas eve & then meeting up in mid Wales with so.e mates b4 new year,probably llandegla as that should hold up pretty well

jekkyl

Cannock Chase this evening with a fellow forumite. Finishing work early on Monday to go riding in the muddy white peak. Mow Cop and Congo Edge on Tuesday morning. And trying to negotiate a full morning out to get over to some dark peak inbetween…but with Hope being an hour and half driving…chances are slim.
    Have a good one all 🙋🏻‍♂️🚲👈👌

bullandbladder
    Free Member

At Center Parcs Mon-Fri so a few laps of Sherwood Pines will do me in between eating/drinking.

timbog160

Llandegla today – Allendale in Northumberland from 28th for a few days. Maybe a local ride in between. Tracey – Hope Brink, Potato Alley and the Beast? Enjoy!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ll be putting road bike miles in to try to complete the Festive 500. I’m working 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st so there’s 200 miles of commuting, although on 150 will count towards the challenge.

UK-FLATLANDER

At this rate a canoe is probably a better bet.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Back in Penistone on sea for a few days seeing friends, thankfully bikeless but had an exhausting last night in the pub arguing with Brexit Bigots. Back home to Cataluña next week for some of this.
    Ebro valley aka Mordor

mattvanders
    Free Member

Got a week in north Wales staying 10 minutes away from Coedy with the outlaws over Xmas. Plan to ride whenever it’s not raining. If anyone else will be that way give a shout out.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding? Probably better to lash together a raft down here

crazy-legs

Mix of South London/North Downs, Yorkshire Wolds and Lake District.

Weather is looking reasonable for another crack at the Festive 500.

Wondering whether to risk taking the road bike to London or just do the whole lot on the CX. Got a feeling the roads down there will be filthy.
    That said, I quite like an early blast round the City and then Richmond Park on Christmas morning when there’s zero traffic around and the road bike would be far more fun for that! Choices choices.

martinhutch

Bit damp out. Actually saw the sun today though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i3QAto]IMG_20191222_133821[/url] by hutchinson2017, on Flickr

mattbee

Swinley isn’t really muddy. It is however exceedingly wet! Some properly deep puddles as well as general surface water covering about 80% of the trails.
    Nice not to be slogging through sticky horrible mud though.

Caher

Brought the gravel bike over to Kerry, here in Ireland. Best bike for mix of road and Boreens. The incessant heavy showers is quite bewildering though as I am a fair weather cyclist. Might have to rethink this philosophy.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I very grim down south in Gloucestershire water everywhere nearly as much water on the canal towpath as in the canal mind the sun did come out Christmas day looks dry go have a ride on the Malverns less mud and people maybe!!!

senorj

“ Got a feeling the roads down there will be filthy.”
    In my neck of the woods(North),they are very grim.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Having a break from the filth…hopefully. flying out to Ainsa for a few days. Not been before but heard good things

timbog160

Decent day at Llandegla today – pretty dry actually – but man too many late nights and too much booze has ruined me, and it’s not even Christmas yet!

bowglie

Up in the North York Moors for a few days. The moors and more ‘interesting’ natural trails look a proper bog-fest, so probably going to stick to more armoured trails – Dalby, Sutton Bank, and maybe an easy spin around Rosedale on the old rail trail on Chrimbo day.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Inners uplift, sloppy.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m beginning to feel the effects of my annual fed-up-of-wet-riding-itis and therefore can’t be arsed to cart around a bike and the clobber required when touring the relatives.

I’ve recently picked up trail running after a long lay-off so it’ll just be some trail shoes and smelly gear in a carrier bag this year, which will be fine, assuming I don’t injure myself again.

teethgrinder

Locally, it’ll be Chopwell whenever I can grab some time, and then Ae on 30 Dec and Hamsterley 02 Jan. Back to work on 06 Jan.

rickmeister

Due to fatbike out on the beaches to Spurn Point and Kilnsea tomorrow. Bit of coastal military concrete and a WW1 sound mirror to be discovered.

johnstell

I’m not riding anywhere. The whole of Australia appears to be burnt to a crisp. If I knew how to post photos I would. My local trails are destroyed and still burning. 😳

johnstell

Burnt

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Where you riding over the Christmas holidays’ is closed to new replies.