Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where was everyone?
  • uplink
    Free Member

Out today on a big 50 mile loop of the NYM, on some wonderful, mainly dry and dusty singletrack- Urra Moor, Spaunton Moor, Cropton Forest, Glaisdale, Fryup etc.

Never saw another single MTB

Reason I mention it was I ended up falling on a barbed wire fence and almost flattening it, I was left suspended by the fence about a foot off the ground, still clipped in with the wire firmly embedded in my leg, side and arm.
    The more I moved, the deeper it dug in, I eventually got out [painfully] on my own – no thanks to all you stop at home or trail centre bastids who could have helped me, so there!

………. and, I’m in the shit because we’re off for a few days in Majorca tomorrow AM for our wedding anniversary and I look like I lost a fight with a hay baler

😀

RealMan
    Free Member

TdF starts today, duh 😀

Have a good hol.

sambob
    Free Member

Peak District was busy, but not as busy as i thought it would be on a day like today.

uplink
    Free Member

This was me earlier today 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

was up at lee quarry today then over to cragg quarry…. 😉 very dusty today…

z1ppy

Spray on plaster is useful for sealing it barbed wire cuts (after TCPing them) up overnight – though letting them breath will help healing. Less obvious than normal plasters down the pool. Stings a little on open wounds though

EDIT: We seemingly had the Wyre forest to ourselves for 3.5hrs this afternoon. One MtB in the distance was our total score.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tennis is on. Should be quiet again tomorrow too.

uplink
    Free Member

Spray on plaster is useful for sealing it barbed wire cuts

I can still feel the pain from trying it on gravel rash a few years back
    😯

ton

i managed a 30 miles electric assisted pootle today around leeds, castleford, fairburn, garforth and the canal home. 8)

RustySpanner

Well post a picture of the new bike then!

(Helping god daughter move out of halls into a student house in Sheffield. The Yorkshire pudding beef wrap in the Frog and Parrot is a cracker – highly recommended).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where was everyone?’ is closed to new replies.