Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where to buy hose for brake bleeding?
  • mlke
    Free Member

I thought I’d take the opportunity provided by miserable weather to bleed to Hoe Mono Minis on my old Marin but found I’d lost the tubing I stick over the bleed nipple to drain the old fluid away. Any ideas where I can buy some more without getting a full bleed kit?
    Thanks in advance

shredder
    Free Member

Halfords w/screen wiper hose

mlke
    Free Member

Sounds perfect. Ta

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pet shop.Aquarium stuff.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just open the car bonnet, there’ll be plenty under there

spacemonkey

I got fed up faffing around with tubing/piping from aquatic centres and DIY stores that didn’t fit properly and ended up buying a Hope kit from these guys.

Very tidy piece of kit, especially as 1) everything fitted, and 2) the syringe (included) method was the only way I could get the rears to work.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

If it’s just a length of tubing you need drop us an email with your delivery address and I’ll pop you one in our next mail run:

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com

mikewsmith
    Free Member

shredder – Member
    Halfords w/screen wiper hose

Threw a roll of that away when I moved as it was just too tight.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Aquarium/fishshop, failing that eBay. Airline hose should do the trick, 4mm inner diameter and 6mm outer..although that might be to big for a shimano bleed nipple..
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151184547111

Edit: fits a shimano bleed nipple, just checked it..

belugabob
    Free Member

The windscreen washer tubing come in 4mm or 5mm sizes – need to get the right size, but it works well when you do.

smatkins1
    Free Member

B&Q also sell a clear plastic pipe which is ideal for bleeding Hope brakes. They sell it by the metre, roll out as much as you want and cut.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

If it’s just a length of tubing you need drop us an email with your delivery address and I’ll pop you one in our next mail run:

I have a couple of the Epic bleed kits, which work well for my Shimano brakes. Nice gesture above.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy hose for brake bleeding?’ is closed to new replies.