Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Where is everyone buying their second hand stuff now?
  • Drac

Because you’ve chosen not to.

That and your posting history says about 8 a month.

russyh
    Free Member

We can count the ads posted on the new, but the old forum doesn’t give us the ability to compare dates. It just says ‘a year ago’. Also you are counting wanted ads, which was a separate forum. Plus we don’t have viewer click through stats like you! So as a result we have to take your world for it and given the disdain the readership have been shown lately I’m not likely to believe.

Finally the reason I mention several times about ad caps is the multi listings under 1 ad doesn’t work! You can’t list a title long enough on a mobile and it shows only the first image on mobile devices. This is the point! All these small issues we were told were being reviewed and considered….but they haven’t! It’s been left half arsed and half working like the other forum issues and when paying customers (I repeat this again as I am one) complain they get sneered at and have sarcastic responses.

ton

drac, because it is too much hassle to use.

Drac

Like I said you chose not to.

ton

because it is too much hassle to use.

bruneep

Drac

Subscriber

Block User

and do you ever think to stop and ask yourself WHY he chooses not to? Or do you get some sort of perverse pleasure out of being a dick to everyone that disagrees with dracbot

Drac

No and no.

Bez

Only 5 people actually don’t liket it they just don’t shut up about it

I’ve bitten my tongue 😉

ton

No and no.

and that is the answer from a bloke chosen to police the forum.

tomhoward

and that is the answer from a bloke chosen to police the forum

Not investigate why people are/aren’t using it as they were before. He enforces the rules, that’s all.

Drac

I thought you might have been busy Bez. 😬

Correct Ton. I have given zero thought into why you have chosen not to use the new classifieds when others such as Russ have used it.

That and what Tom says.

ton

well you as a forum official should be giving some serious thought into why people are not using the new classifieds.

postierich
    Free Member

Must admit I,ve lost the love for the NEW classifieds cannot be arsed for all the faffing and scrolling 🙁

Bez

But he’s a moderator. He doesn’t build the website, doesn’t own it, doesn’t make money from it. He’s (voluntarily) there to step in when people start behaving like bell ends.

Drac

well you as a forum official should be giving some serious thought into why people are not using the new classifieds.

I have helped provide the constructive feedback but saying “It’s shite” wasn’t worth feeding back.

ton

bell end i may be, but it dont change the reason the classifieds is not as good as before

Bez

I wasn’t saying you were being a bell end, I was just saying he’s a moderator and that’s basically all that moderators are responsible for 🙂

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I would also agree the new improved classifieds is garbage, and the wanted section has totally died.
    I sell my stuff on ebay mostly for items that are worth a bit more I wait until they have the £1 final fee offer on(one starts tonight at midnight runs all day Sunday) get your frame sold for £500 and pay only £1 to ebay.

ton

never used ebay, but i will be from now on i think.

tomhoward

You’ll love it, no messing around, no chancers, free to use…

bruneep

Had more luck with stuff on Pinkbike than here or ebay

ton

You’ll love it, no messing around, no chancers, free to use…

tom, you know i dont ever sell to make profit, that i why blokes on here like to buy off me.
    i sell good stuff, cheaply.
    sometimes i even give it away if i have a good rapport with the buyer.

tomhoward

and theres an army of folk on eBay who will take advantage of that good nature

ton

might even join Pinkbike

Drac

Hopefully you won’t find eBay too complicated what with the ability to post pictures, where you are from and only being able to list one item.

ransos
    Free Member

But he’s a moderator. He doesn’t build the website, doesn’t own it, doesn’t make money from it. He’s (voluntarily) there to step in when people start behaving like bell ends.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. Both Drac and Cougar have appeared to be advocates for the management at times.

Poopscoop

The problem with pink bike, sometimes, is that a sellers idea of “very good condition” etc is about a million miles away from mine. I am a picky bugger though.

Never had that issue on here, people seem a bit more inclined to list stuff walts and all, which I like.👍

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m upset with the new classifieds as people like Ton don’t like it and a steady source of stuff my size with good provenance disappears who knows where

damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I don’t mind the new classifieds, the paid items at the top is annoying but I just skip those. I use opera on android and have no issues, including valuing my privacy.

I’ve asked for an option to view items listed in the last x days to get round that. Still waiting. I also asked for ads to change colour once viewed, still waiting.

The problem I do have is that people like Ton will stop using it. I too have bought some great things from ton over the years and I’ll pay him by PayPal gift as he’s a trusted seller.

As people stop selling, people will stop viewing. Then items will sell better on other sites and the vicious circle continues.

I believe everyone on here wants it to be a success. The mods think people are complaining just for the sake of it but a lot of people on here have seen other forums die which is why they ended up at stw and they don’t want it to go the same way. They obviously care about the future of the site.

We need to find a balance between stw making it a viable product with profit and the users being satisfied with the service they get.

For me, communication is the key. You keep quoting stats at us. Why not have an official vote on the new classifieds and get some honest feedback with with stats you can publish. It worked with brexit 😂

Perhaps have a monthly vote on what change the users want to see next and then add an update to let us know how it’s going. Even if it says, “nothing done yet”

psycorp
    Free Member

Having read this through it occurs to me that Drac is the one behaving like a bell end……..

Bez

I’ve asked for an option to view items listed in the last x days to get round that. Still waiting. I also asked for ads to change colour once viewed, still waiting.

Of course you’re still waiting. There’s no software company in the world which will simply take requests from one user and implement them. Even if Singletrack had the resources to do that, they’d find one of your suggestions would conflict with one or more that I’d make, so where would they go then?

A good software producer will listen to its users, but it will implement changes in a considered manner and with knowledge of good user experience principles, not jump at every feature request that falls into the inbox.

Drac

The mods think people are complaining just for the sake of it but a lot of people on here have seen other forums die which is why they ended up at stw and they don’t want it to go the same way. They obviously care about the future of the site.

We don’t there are those providing feedback there’s others just saying it’s shite and expecting us to know why they don’t like. The new Classifieds was introduced to help provide income to stop this place from going under. So far it has provided some income which will hopefully help that.

Then there is those who just post less useful feedback such as

Having read this through it occurs to me that Drac is the one behaving like a bell end…….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And about a month ago chips turned up and listened, took notes and………

Nobody knows what’s been considered an issue, what’s being looked at and what might change.

There are heaps of online survey tools available to get opinions and views from people. Then stw might get some better I fo from the users.

It’s about the same as the issues in the main forum and its obvious to see why people are pissed off – which comes through in the comments.

bruneep

Then there is those who just post less useful feedback

and obviously your snarky replies are always helpful.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ebay and Pink Bike. I can’t see the classified posts with an ad blocker running and cancelling my sub means the site’s unusable without one. Meh.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Poopscoop sed> The problem with pink bike, sometimes, is that a sellers idea of “very good condition” etc is about a million miles away from mine

Watching a couple of PinkBike crash compilation videos last evening I did wonder how many of the crunched bikes end up on PB classifieds.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The new Classifieds was introduced to help provide income to stop this place from going under

Lets start a sweepstake, this place or Hmv first?

weeksy

I’m astounded Drac doesn’t ban more posters.

But he’s a moderator. He doesn’t build the website, doesn’t own it, doesn’t make money from it. He’s (voluntarily) there to step in when people start behaving like bell ends

But as said, some think he makes the rules, creates the website and decides who, what, where and when.

If I were Drac I’d have bailed from the Mod role years ago, so if you are unreasonably rude to him

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But as said, some think he makes the rules, creates the website and decides who, what, where and when.

I think in the absence of any of the actual employees and owners Drac and Cogaurs opinions appear to be the official opinions a lot of the time.
    Perhaps the mods should take the same approach to the owners on these threads to save themselves being wound up. There is a long enough line of people ready to shout whingers, freeloader etc. at people for not praising the new site/classifieds.

Drac

If I were Drac I’d have bailed from the Mod role years ago, so if you are unreasonably rude to him

It becomes white noise and it literally is a handful of people.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Where is everyone buying their second hand stuff now?’ is closed to new replies.