Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • where do we buy cheap holidays from these days?
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s been a while since i’ve been in a position to afford a holiday. but now i can. last time i went on a proper holiday, i found it on teletext (like i say, it’s been a while).
    so, where should i look? obviously the internet, but i’m not sure who’s reliable and who’s not.
    basic requirements- not too pricey, nowhere with loads of clubs and that, preferably around the Med, with decent beaches and probably somewhere to hire bikes too. my last holiday was to kefalonia, which would probably fit the bill again tbh…

geoffj

Easyjet + Alpharooms

jam-bo

By going into your local travel agent and then buying online.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Expedia.co.uk, jet2.com, easyjet, Thomas cook, thomson holidays, co-operative travel. The list goes on. Try Google for “cheap Mediterranean holidays”

I just booked a week in Sorrento early july 4 star hotel wirh Thomas Cook, got 40% or more off the brochure price. Still not cheap mind

natrix
    Free Member

onthebeach

konagirl
    Free Member

+1 for expedia, ebookers etc. But note that the flight + hotel packages won’t include baggage on cheaper airlines and won’t include transfers so you’ll have to include for transport from the airport to the hotel or hire a car (which can be very cheap when included in the package, but buy excess insurance before you travel).

There are a number of blogs / agents for very cheap holidays, for example, holidaypirates.com, travelbird.co.uk.

There are loads of good biking destinations near charter flight airports – search through this forum for holiday recommendations!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘where do we buy cheap holidays from these days?’ is closed to new replies.