Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Where are all of the unloved 26er 18" steel hardtail frames?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

none knocking around – where are they all??

beaker

I’ve got one in the garage if that helps?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

unloved?

bigblackshed

Mine’s in the Shed.

Loads on the evilBay. What are you looking for?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no there aren’t tho!!

qwerty
    Free Member

unloved?

is this gonna involve lubing a seat tube?

bearnecessities

26er 18″ steel hardtail frames

That’s the most versatile, well loved frame; that’s why 😉

EDIT: Plus, it’s not a “26er”! 👿

asbrooks

Unloved? mine is very much loved.. Gets more spent on it than the Mrs. Shush don’t tell her that,though 😀

Shackleton

I have a dark blue 456 going spare if you are interested. 1 1/8 head tube, used but not battered. Mail in profile if you are interested.

epicyclo

Unloved?

1998 1×1 and back riding it as my summer bike after a few years hiatus. Got a new lease of life – fitted Surly Dirt Wizards so it’s super niche because its tyre diameter is 650B and not only are the trails coming alive, but it’s almost fat too.

Singlespeed of course.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Mine is at the powder coaters getting some real luvin,

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Shackleton – ygm

LoCo
    Free Member

Albert classic 853 19″ ? 😉

amplebrew

Mine’s definitely not unloved, but it hasn’t turned a wheel since getting my Jones 😳

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nGkwXF]IMG_0905[/url] by AndyBeirne, on Flickr

munrobiker
    Free Member

There were millions of them on pinkbike going for pennies when I got my kona. Which I love and won’t sell.

epicyclo

amplebrew – Member
    Mine’s definitely not unloved, but it hasn’t turned a wheel since getting my Jones

Lovely bike. If you can fit Dirt Wizards, do so. You’ll love the grip and the nicer ride from the larger volume tyre.

You may not love your Jones so much though….

matther01
    Free Member

17.5 dialled in the classified right now?

Everyone is keeping them until resale value increases to vintage wine prices

amplebrew

epicyclo – Member
    amplebrew – Member
    Mine’s definitely not unloved, but it hasn’t turned a wheel since getting my Jones
    Lovely bike. If you can fit Dirt Wizards, do so. You’ll love the grip and the nicer ride from the larger volume tyre.

You may not love your Jones so much though….

I reckon I’d get a Dirt Wizard on the front, but I don’t think one would fit at the back. I’ve only got 717 rims though, which I’d imagine would be far too narrow.

I’m running my Jones mainly with Ardent 2.4’s on Dually’s, but I also run a Husker Du / Rolling Darryl on the front when the mood takes me.

binners

Have you not Sussed it out yet? A lot of us found the holy grail a while back. Now we just raise a wry smile at the whole 650b/29/whatever debates/wankfests. Carry on….

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mine is certainly not unloved, even when it’s trying to kill me.

My Stanton isn’t going anywhere soon.

hora
    Free Member

When the advertising mags stop. 650b will be the one. 29’er gone …. meaning alot of 26″ frames can run 650b..

mattsccm
    Free Member

Still being used by most of the riders.

br
    Free Member

Plenty around, just buy a new one they’re cheap enough – especially compared to the new standard (650B FS).

lee170
    Free Member

I have a on-one inbred 18inch frame in red that I may be willing to part with, I’m looking for a alu frame size medium if anyone has one for sale

gazc
    Free Member

my mate has my old voodoo wanga. still a bit gutted i changed to 29’er as i did so much great riding on mine. reckon 650b would have fitted it with the dropouts back as plenty of room at the stays

have a large chameleon and although it aluminium and don’t care much about wheel sizes, that thing is RAD

fubar
    Free Member

Another one in the garage. Inbred frame I bought off Hora about 5 years ago and it’s been sat unbuilt in my garage. Unlikely to get built. Coming to the classifieds sometime in the next decade.

hora
    Free Member

Jesus I rode that once.

Mint in box

diawl2
    Free Member

Grey PA frame in my shed looking for a new home.

unovolo
    Free Member

They come to me for a new lease of life, hence selfless plug of my recently finished retro-mod Saracen Kili Racer,

Bought as solid but butchered frame (someone previously had hacksawed the headtube,but those nice chaps at 18bikes managed to reface it).

Bit of modding from me and new powdercoat see it as a lovely rigid 1×10 ride.

Just waiting on some new decals.

unovolo
    Free Member

Last sundays ride

docrobster
    Free Member

I just sold my old summer season frame last night after it had sat in the shed for nearly 2 years so guess that was feeling a bit unloved.
    The 853 PA that replaced it is getting plenty of use though. Steel 26″ bikes are nothing if not versatile.
    Having said that if I was in the market for a new hardtail today I’d be looking at a parkwood purely on vfm.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Still loving my Kinesis Decade, was running an alfine 8, but moved to a 1 x10 now. 8)

trickydisco
    Free Member

That is a lovely bike unovolo

I’m after a nice retro kona explosif (or the mint ti hei hei my mate has got in his loft that he won’t sell to me)

pitduck
    Free Member

unovolo was that pic taken at broadbottom beach,looks very familiar 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Wow those old kona explosif frames still command good money.

Out of interest how muc do you think a mint ti hei hei frame is worth? Think it’s a 94

dannyh
    Free Member

Unloved 26 wheel steel hardtail frame?

A contradiction in terms, surely?

Everyone knows they’re the best!

P.S. Those who say they don’t are just kidding themselves.

unovolo
    Free Member

unovolo was that pic taken at broadbottom beach,looks very familiar

Yep, its on the rickety old bridge just off the track to Bothams Hall, went over the new bridge after and had a cheeky ride along the edge of the banking/fields their.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Got one hung up in my garage, no wheels though

jambalaya
    Free Member

Still being ridden, in my case with no intention of selling. In fact I have another waiting to be built up.

Is it fair to say 29/275 buyers are buying complete bikes so selling on their 26 whole, hence few frames for sale .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Where are all of the unloved 26er 18" steel hardtail frames?’ is closed to new replies.