Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wheels Manufacturing Small bearing press – Equivalent???
  • Netdonkey

I am thinking about investing in a bearing press set and have come across this from Wheels Manufacturing. It loosk like you need the small and large set to do anything but the small one covers all the bearings I currently have and the use of a quick release looks clever.

http://wheelsmfg.com/front-hub-bearing-press.html

You can pick them up for £110 in the UK but before I commit I wondered if there were any others? The thing I like about this one is a lot of my bike have 9mm skewers so it solves the problem of pressing bearings with extended axles.

I also know you can fit bearings with some carefully crafted sockets and a hammer but this is not really the purpose of this thread!

Ta

ND

d45yth
    Free Member

RRP (Rapid Racing Products) and BETD both do them as well.

wwaswas

I think Superstar may too.

wwaswas
    mattrgee
    Free Member

I also know you can fit bearings with some carefully crafted sockets and a hammer but this is not really the purpose of this thread!

True, but there are less ‘brutal’ methods. A long bolt, some washers and the old bearing can be used to press the new bearings into place, a bit like a headset press.

wwaswas

some washers and the old bearing

unless the bearing seat is deeper than the bearing – you end up with both new and old bearings firmly pressed into the hub.

z1ppy

Madison’s maybe of some use. Where are you seeing the Wheels MFG small kit for £110 BTW?

Netdonkey

Koo Bikes, and actually £105ish now I have looked properly

http://www.koo-bikes.com/wheels-manufacturing-small-bearing-press.html

z1ppy

cheers I’d only found them @ £116, not that I have the spare cash for either!

swampi
    Free Member

Bocca bearings do one, mine cost about 40 pounds link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wheels Manufacturing Small bearing press – Equivalent???’ is closed to new replies.