Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What’s Your Favourite ” Heavy Rotation” track ..right now?
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

..the one you press play again as soon as its finished ..

One track only ..

I’ll kick off with ” White Mist ” by The Pineapple Thief from their excellent new album ” Dissolution ”

Two versions for you to choose from ..Gavin Harrison on drums or just the album track ..it’s a bit of a monster at 11mins long ..but so good !

So..what’s yours ..

Edit : the Gavin Harrison version is shorter ..

kimbers

&

bikebouy
    Free Member

nickc

Is there an equivalent lore about how many cymbals a drummer has on his kit, like strings on a guitar/bass that suggests “something” about the player..?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not that I’m aware of ..

DezB
    Free Member

I wish I had one. But I can’t stop listening to new things. Hardly anything gets played twice until it comes up on shuffle on my ipod. I’m disturbed.

I probably have listened to this mostly lately. I think I’ve heard it 4 times since it came out

13thfloormonk

Sunshine Underground by the Chemical Brothers

‘Surrender’ became my turbo training album while I was recovering from a broken collarbone, this track builds slowly with a nice rhythm and when it ‘drops’ I would always find another gear or two, brilliant for doing sweetspot intervals to etc.

Still gives me a wee buzz even if I’m just listening to it on the bus

senorj

best song of the year for me too. Awesomes.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Can’t get enough of Anaal Nathkrath – Powerslave (Iron Maiden cover), like listening to this then the o.g song and then this again. Wow.  Needs to be loud (natch), the solo never fails to make the old hairs stand on end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlt48C9bqo

verses

Been loving the Idles new album, but I keep coming back to this;

jonnyrobertson

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFiDcazicdk

Monstrous.  Needs to be played LOUD through a decent speaker. 

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I love that Idles track, heard it on a podcast but then forgot about it.  I’ve been listening to Color Blind by The Magpie Salute, also quite appropriate for these times.

https://youtu.be/DXbYIQrmO_Q

slowoldman

Cowboy Junkies cover of Lightin’ Hopkins “Shining Moon”.

qwerty
    Free Member

OoooO – RTJ = i liked that, had a dig, i like this one of theirs, video reminds me of FGTH

wordnumb
    Free Member

Monstrous.  Needs to be played LOUD through a decent speaker. 

Yesness. The Tomas Haake play-through video is really good.

There’re a couple of tracks off the new Low album I’ve had on repeat, but it’s so new I have no idea what each track is called. Album is Double Negative.

DezB
    Free Member

I also listen to a fair bit of Mac Miller. And then he went and ODed, the foolish boy. I don’t think I’m in the demographic for this stuff, but love it.

(er, except the last 15 seconds or so, which is a bit upsetting for a fellow of my grisly years 😆 )

funkmasterp

New single from Clutch’ latest album

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Being honest? This, although Looking For The Rain by UNKLE gets in there as well.

roger_mellie

Lane 8 – No Captain, dirty south mix

https://youtu.be/4swI7RaLzqk

jonswhite

https://youtu.be/ganLY2drpzs

Jay Glass Dubs – The Safest Dub. Only Sade singing on it would make it better.

plyphon
    Free Member

RIP

plyphon
    Free Member

Also RIP To Mac Miller as posted above, been a shitty few weeks in music for sure.

bigblackshed

The last couple of albums from The Pineapple Thief are very good. Although Gavin Harrrison can be a little OTT at times, plays for technicality rather than the for the song.

This is popped up on my YouTube page yesterday, to say I’m a little excited is an understatement.

daern
    Free Member

Peter Gabriel – Solsbury Hill Live. And, best of all, he rides a bike too so it’s almost on-topic for STW 🙂

donks
    Free Member

I’m heavily rotating the following:

Pish by Brian Jonestown massacre

the ancient tribes by Goat

Dance yourself clean by LCD soundsystem

and pretty much anything by causa sui

hodgynd
    Free Member

Bigblackshed…Steven Wilsons album was probably  one of my favourite albums last year ..and so wanted to see him at The Sage , Gateshead in March this year ..but couldn’t make it ..

I hadn’t realised that Ninet Tayeb had toured with him ..

Wonder if Porcupine Tree is now dead in the water ..it’s been a while ..

bsims
    Free Member

leegee

any Kyuss and Fu manchu’s eatin Dust and daredevil albums

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Can’t find a link to it, but Matt Berry (Toast of London) has a new album coming out called Television Themes where he’s re done themes from the 70’s and 80’s

I can’t stop listening to his take on Rainbow

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Korean  house from Peggy Gou. Totz banger

Some good tracks on here all!

cyclesouthwest
    Free Member

xherbivorex
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ijc7A5oAc

“in times of turmoil… in times like these…”

nick1962
    Free Member

bigblackshed

Hodgynd

I hadn’t realised that Ninet Tayeb had toured with him ..

She he only did a select few dates. The RAH being one.

I saw him live at Birmingham Symphony Hall in March. It really is up there as being one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.

Porcupine Tree is dead, according to some interviews with Mr Wilson. I’m glad I saw them on the Incident tour.

Daern

The version of Solsbury Hill is one of the best. The sheer joy of riding a bike.

CountZero

The version of Solsbury Hill is one of the best. The sheer joy of riding a bike.

It is that! I saw him on that Tour at the NEC, Birmingham, and it was a superb concert; nice touch with the stainless Moulton, Gabriel lives in Box, near Bath, the bikes are made in Bradford -on-Avon, about ten miles away.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Eddiebaby…..you have impeccable taste.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just heard this today.  Definitely going to give the rest of the album a good listen.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

how the hell do you attach a video straight into the reply?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just copied and pasted straight into the text box.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What’s Your Favourite ” Heavy Rotation” track ..right now?’ is closed to new replies.