Home Forums Chat Forum What’s your Desktop/background picture, and why?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • What’s your Desktop/background picture, and why?
  • somafunk

I was round at a mates earlier and his windows desktop picture was so cluttered with files that i felt queasy just looking at it, #isthisweird?

First ride out on my cove hummer, prob late summer 2013,  I headed out to watch the sunset from the Cairn, Brighouse bay, Galloway

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mrs Nobeer.

Cos she’s nice to look at. 😊

colournoise

tjagain

I tend to have lots of files on my desktop stuff I keep meaning to sort.  My pic is this one ‘cos its a nice pic from a great tour:

IMG_2657cropped by TandemJeremy[/url], on Flickr

martinhutch

fd3chris
    Free Member

My dog that I lost two weeks ago. Not that it’s about losing him as he was always my desktop and phone pic.

jimjam
    Free Member

Solid grey or dark green colour. Because pictures are distracting when I’m working in photoshop and I am almost 40.

garage-dweller

Work one is almost always a picture from a family holiday or one taken while out on the bike.

Reminders of one of the best reasons for working so hard. To go on great trips and see awesome places.

Home one is almost always a picture of the kids.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

This with no folders and a hidden dock on Chrome.

just a nice day.

Neat widebeach

SaxonRider

In memoriam

stumpy01

I took this at a Big Cat shoot thing through Wild Arena in 2011.

I keep meaning to set-up a folder of pics for my laptop to scroll through but never get round to it.

Dunno why I chose this particular pic, I just like it.

DSC_1252 1920×1080 crop by STW stumpy01[/url], on Flickr

CountZero

I only have a neutral grey desktop on my Mac Mini, but it’s seldom used for anything other than iTunes stuff, so it’s irrelevant.

My Pad and phone both have a photo I took at sunset a couple of years or so ago in Biddestone, a local village wher the Agatha Rasin TV series was filmed, and which has no street lights, I got a nice photo with both Saturn and Jupiter in frame with the houses nicely silhouetted against the sky.

Still haven’t worked out how to post photos on here from iOS, so you’ll just have to imagine it.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Lake Louise Lake Louise, Alberta. Because I was there and i’ve yet to take a nicer landscape

sbob
    Free Member

Mint Sauce version of the old Windows front page.

It calms me. :)

integerspin
    Free Member

Standard mate desktop covered in files.

I setup a desktop with a pic of my bike in 1995, I patted
    myself on the back for finding the desktop config files and editing it.
    Then I covered it in files.

metalheart
    Free Member

metalheart
    Free Member

^^That’s Kim Gordon. It’s a great photo and fits my wistful nostalgic moods.

on my phone I have pictures of my mum; one from ‘53 before she was married and one as a wee girl on a bike. Because I miss her.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cos…

garage-dweller

It appears john_drummer has hacked my laptop and nicked my Lake Louise picture! 😱

ebygomm
    Free Member

At home – because i like the colours, also my backdrop on my phone

At work I used have these (3 screens)

&

&

mattyfez

Just a carbon fibre texture as I generally only see my desktop when I start the pc up.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

From Margharita cabin looking across to Signalkuppe, Dufourspitze and Nordend

mikey74
    Free Member

Because it was an amazing view and a fantastic field trip.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Mrs Nobeer

cause she’s nice to look at.

DezB
    Free Member

On my phone, nice pic of DezbJr taken at the DH park. Cos it’s a cool pic of me kid

(Yes, I have a few unread emails!)

km79
    Free Member

Pinkbike photo of the year winner, because I like it and I can’t take a photie of my own for shite.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

picture i took of Luca Shaw bottomming out his V10 29er at Lourdes last year. On there cos it’s prob the best action shot of a bike i’ve taken – he’s flat out, but the detail on his bike and kit is pretty darn crisp.

jad
    Free Member

Wild Camping Loch Eck by Jon Douglas[/url], on Flickr

This because it’s what life is all about

breninbeener

@eybygumm….is that ‘the pulpit’ in Norway?

I have kayaked underneath :-) happy days ;-)

ebygomm
    Free Member

is that ‘the pulpit’ in Norway?

Yes Pulpit Rock/Preikestolen Norway, I’m the one in the lime green in the top photo :-)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Just because it’s so cool.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have 4 desktops/spaces cause I am greedy. No major reason, just like them.

If anyone knows where either of the bottom two are then feel free to let me know.

Kahurangi

My desktop is generally a pic of me/wife/family so I’ll not be sharing that.

My long-on screen (at home and at work) is a rather special place in the Marlborough Sounds.

nealglover
    Free Member

If anyone knows where either of the bottom two are then feel free to let me know.

First one is Hallstatt in Austria. Been there and it’s as nice as it looks in your picture.

Second one is Reine in Norway. Not been there. But I want to now!

TheDTs
    Free Member

SkiAs it captures what I love about skiing

Scapegoat

Mine is a close crop pic of my gundog retrieving a partridge through some stunted maize. She’s airborne, jumping into the frame from the left, ears back, shoulder and chest muscles showing, with the Partridge in perfect focus .  It’s a fantastic pic, but not everyone wants to see it so you’ll have to settle for a description .

nealglover
    Free Member

As it captures what I love about skiing

Thats an awesome picture 👍

Can almost feel and hear it all happening !

hedley
    Free Member

Solid blue and several Rainmeter skins giving me system info and a feed from garden weather station.

edhornby

Whatever W10 throws up, I don’t really take pictures and there are some corkers out there taken by other folk

I still maintain that the Chromecast default picture scroll is the best thing on telly

choppersquad
    Free Member

Kelly Brook.

I’m sure I don’t need to explain.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What’s your Desktop/background picture, and why?’ is closed to new replies.