Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's the longest…?
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

What’s the longest you’ve stood next to an empty mug before realising that as well as filling the kettle, you need to switch it on?

I just managed six minutes. In my defence I was staring out of a window, so it’s not like my time was totally wasted.

wafty
    Free Member

Depends what you was staring at 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

I once got back from a ride, stuck some rice on and nipped upstairs for a nice, relaxing shower.

Came back down to a house filled with smoke and a smouldering mess in the kitchen.

I’d forgot to put any water in the pan with the rice 🙂

Still, it reminded me that none of my smoke alarms were working downstairs!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Don’t know but my record is probably in the region of 4 or 5 times that I’ve boiled the kettle then wandered off such that by the time I’ve got back it’s needed boiling again.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’ve stood waiting for water to boil in a pan (having come out of a boiling kettle) for 10 minutes once…hadn’t turned it on at the mains…

deluded
    Free Member

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve poured cold water from the kettle into a cup thinking that I’d hit the on switch when I hadn’t. I have similar & regular attention FAILS.

tomhoward

I’ve totally forgotten about pans full of pasta before. Not good.

wordnumb
    Free Member

A friend once served unboiled water coffees during a meeting at work. Apparently some of the attendees drank up even so, she fears out of sympathy.

Depends what you was staring at

Sunset. Trees. Nothing I could twist into a reasonable distraction.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I made myself an expression with one of the silver hob top expresso things. Drank it. Went for my morning ablutions and the returned to the kitchen having forgotten I had already had a coffee. I picked the expresso pot up and started walking towards the sink to fill it before wondering what the sizzling was and why I could smell bacon.

Yes, I had left the gas on under the coffee pot which had boiled dry so it was almost melting hot.

I had the image of the little Italian bloke burnt into my hand for a month.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

WCA you truly are a WCA. how did you not feel the burning in your hand?

( I do apologise if you have an underlying nerve issue whihc you have had for many years whihc I was unaware of!)

athgray
    Free Member

Slightly different but I once had a stupid boiling water accident.
    In a hostel kitchen I once drained pasta through a collander whilst holding the collander in the palm of my hand. Bloody hurt.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Mates dad once put a fray bentos steam pudding ( mince beef and onion type things) in the microwave for tea while he had a shower – for 45 minutes!!!!!!!!
    He had read the instructions for steaming it and thought the same for micro- 3 fire engines and a peice of carbon on a plate in the micro he could see the error he had made 😯

kiwijohn

Put the kettle in the fridge 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's the longest…?’ is closed to new replies.