Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What's the latest XBox?
  • uplink
    Free Member

Youngest lad has earned himself a new Xbox from his efforts at school this year

What's the latest one & is there anything else due out soon?

Sorry, but I really have no idea what's what with these things 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

The new one is just a repackaged old one with a built in N series wifi adaptor (which is an additional £60 for us elite users!) and some tweaking on the noise issues of the older 360's

Presumably by sorting out the noise they have also sorted out the overheating problems the 360 is notorious for as they were both closely linked.

Well done to your lad.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The latest one is the redesigned 250gb model. Slightly quieter running that the older models, bigger harddrive, slightly smaller. It's also shiny.

There's no next generation consoles announced at the moment, so it'll have at least a couple more years of games left. Both the PS3 and 360 are trying to go for the Wii markets with new motion detecting addons, in the case of the 360 the Kinect which is due this Autumn.

uplink
    Free Member
    rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Re: is this worth ordering?

I think most of us are waiting for the product to be released and find somewhere to test it, My kids want it for Christmas. There are reports of "issues" with the product and it depends on whether those issues are a problem for you. My 6 year old bouncing round the room isn't going to notice Xms of lag. but some hard core teenager might complain if the system doesn't respond "exactly" when he does. Other reported problems include you must wear tight fitting clothing, people who are too thin (scrap the iDave diet) aren't being picked up by the camera. Have a look on youtube etc to see some demos of the product, it's a good excuss to watch scantily clad ladies bouncing around.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Well, bear in mind that's £130 extra to the 360 console itself. I'd say it depends on how old your lad is, and what sort of games he likes. If he's pre-teen and likes Wii-style party games, or you've got people in the family who are, then I'd say go for it.

If he's more of your typical Grrr I like Space Marines Shooty Shooty sort of gamer, get him a subscription to Xbox Live instead (£40 a year) with some Xbox Live credits to spend on DLC,and wait to see if the Kinect delivers for a hardcore audience.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Other reported problems include you must wear tight fitting clothing, people who are too thin (scrap the iDave diet) aren't being picked up by the camera.

Edited, the walls have ears! 😛

uplink
    Free Member

Ladies eh? – may get into this myself 🙂

Anyway he currently has an Xbox, Xbox live etc.
    Coming up 14 & plays as many shoot 'em ups as he can sneak past the censor 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

Imagine the feeling of achievement when he's playing a game on his xbox… that he built himself!

yes thats right, your son can build his own xbox!!! **

**my housemate has a broken xbox, i'm happy to break it into small pieces and include a small screwdriver set and soldering iron.. for no more than the price of postage and packaging, and the screwdriver set, and the soldering iron.

uplink
    Free Member

Let me think about that

😆

Although he's just finish rebuilding the engine & gearbox of an old Yamaha YZ125 so he's not too daft

philconsequence
    Free Member

fair play, sounds like a smart kid who despite my assumptions about "gamers"… has spent some time outside the bedroom 🙂

my bet would be the xbox live and credits idea, or maybe a projector screen for him to go big on!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What's the latest XBox?’ is closed to new replies.