Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's the hives thoughts on this?
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Bikes for the unemploiyed

I personally think it’s a good thing and how they are being refurbed is interesting too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I gave all the stuff from the garage that wasn’t worth selling when I emigrated (frame, wheels, brakes, cranks etc.) to cycle recycle in Hebden for a similar scheme. Great idea.

cookeaa

No Doubt Norman approves…

amedias
    Free Member

There are several similar projects in other parts of the country, there’s one currently running here in Exeter (as well as another bike recycling and refurb charity that I am involved in, but we mostly work with kids and vulnerable adults), I’m pretty sure the Bristol bike project did something similar to begin with as well, so not sure it really is the first of it’s kind?

They are good projects and well worth supporting, so many people benefit right along the chain of the scheme and can be a great way to get involved locally.

Northwind

As ever, the Hives thoughts are that they hate to say they told you so

iolo
    Free Member

I think it’s a fantastic idea for the unemployed.
    One thing I do not agree with though.
    Why the hell should criminals be rewarded by giving them city and guilds training when law abiding citizens get nothing.

jam-bo

Why the hell should criminals be rewarded by giving them city and guilds training when law abiding citizens get nothing.

would you rather they continued being criminals or became law abiding citizens?

iolo
    Free Member

I would prefer the long term unemployed and long term sick get this
    benefit before criminals.

Here you go Jonny, you beat up Mavis who was 90 for her purse which had 20 quid in so we give you a city and guilds. Great idea.

thomthumb
    Free Member

troll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's the hives thoughts on this?’ is closed to new replies.