Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Whats the bestest bite-sized processed cheese-based snack?
  • binners

Eh? Is it the classic babybel

The more modern interloper, the cheesestring

…or the altogether squidgier, and therefore massively more satisfying

Dairylea triangle. Or is there anything out there that trumps all 3?

No ‘proper’ cheese. Before the food snobs start. Has to be crap processed rubbish. Dems da rules

Your votes please….

wwaswas

I’d go for Cheesy Balls because you can eat the volume of your own body in them and still have room for more;

or if you’re feeling all nostalgic;

with the cheapest cheese fromt he supermarket.

johndoh
    Free Member

I thought Babybel was proper cheese…

TooTall
    Free Member

Combos – the official cheese-filled snack of NASCAR of course:

Combos

Anything else might be nutritional!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Tuc cheese sandwich..!

annebr
    Free Member

Austrian Smoked Cheese

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Austrian Smoked Cheese

This.

Very, much this…

tomhoward

Mini Cheddars?

camo16
    Free Member

Nah, smoked cheese is the devil’s work.

Wotsits loaded into a white-bread sandwich, plenty butter. That’s the way, my faux cheese loving amigos.

sandwicheater

Cheese triangle you fools 🙄

Free Member

This for me, on fresh baguette. Reminds me of childhood French camping adventures.

warton
    Free Member

BA BA BA, BA Babybel

binners

Blimey. Looking at the suggestions already, this is going to a tough one to call.

Do you think the yummy multitude of cheese based snack-ettes mark the very pinnacle of mankinds achievements? Personally I think its right up there

wwaswas

the very pinnacle of mankinds achievements

you’re overlooking the Twiglet, I’m afraid.

camo16
    Free Member

Only if there’s enough of it.

Mankind’s downfall can largely be attributed to retailers’ inability to put enough fake cheese product in a pack – which forces the poor, unknowing customer either to buy two packs or to remain unsatisfied by the fake cheese hit. It’s almost inhuman.

EDIT: wwaswas, I’m all for fake cheese, but the Twiglet is possibly the nastiest, least satisfying snack product on the market.

crikey
    Free Member

This thread is an inspiration to us all.

Thank you Binners.

scotroutes

* cough *

Junkyard
    Free Member

you lot need to think outside the box
    even get one of your five a day and chocolate to boot

camo16
    Free Member

Let’s see

Like cheese. Check

Like marmite. Checkeddy-check-check

Where d’you get these bad boys, scotroutes, and are they as epic as they look?

binners

Oooooooooooo – almost forgot these…

Its another dream combo!

scotroutes – I’ve never seen those. I’m not a fan of marmite in its usual form, but that appeals to me a lot. I’m going to give them a go!

TooTall
    Free Member

Those Utz Cheese Balls are on the shelf of my local supermarket, in that exact quantity.

However, until you’ve exoerienced Easy Cheese, you are without knowledge of the true cheese-like product of champions:

wwaswas

Like Cheese?

Like Peas?

johndoh
    Free Member

thepurist

Good shout scotroutes but I bet that like all the other marmite branded concoctions they’ve failed to put enough of the good stuff in there. My vote would have to go to the humble Kraft cheese square which gave rise to the post bbq sport of Cheese Racing.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Eat one, you have to eat the lot:

brakes
    Free Member

I was going to post Primula, but jondoh beat me to it….
    but cheese PRAWNS?!?!

binners

Rogerthecat – Very true! Dairylea triangles have a similar effect! Once you’ve opened a pack…. well, it’d be rude not too 😀

Have you tried these?

An even more moorish cheese single

stevied
    Free Member

The processed cheese in the old army issue ration-packs was proper lovely. Came in a tin if I remember correctly? I also think it was marked:
    CHEESE – PROCESSED

which became:
    CHEESE – POSSESSED

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@binners – oooooh it also comes in a block and a spread and can be bought from the Oirish shop for £1.99 per brick: http://www.theirishshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

These are as processed as it gets..and they’re cheese FLAVOURED.

theotherjonv

kraft cheese slice, laid on a piece of processed ham, and then rolled into a spiral of cheesy hammy goodness.

For a sophisticated take, cut it into ‘pinwheels’ and lay it out on a paper plate, where your pre-bbq guests can pretend they are canapes.

For a proper cooked snack, microwave for a few seconds until the ham starts spitting and the cheese oozes.

50% of the population may like to include a twiglet in the centre; however note that twiglets don’t cut sufficiently neatly for the canape version.

brakes
    Free Member

:applauds:

I assume only wafer thin ham would suffice?

theotherjonv

doesn’t have to be wafer thin, but that does work. Most important is the shape – cheap ham that comes in squares is almost exactly the same size, so little overlap, leading to no pinwheel wastage at the ends. The ham to cheese ratio is suboptimal if you have ham shaped ham.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Jondoh has it, Primula with Prawns

End.of.thread.

julianwilson
    Free Member

My kids think Applewood is ‘posh’ cheese. More processed than babybel in reality, and rather guilty-pleasure-moreish.

Also where are we on cooked cheese ‘snacks’? I am thinking chilli poppers, paneer poppers (recent arrival to frozen halal section in Tesco), breaded mozarella sticks, breaded camambert? Mmmmmm, heeeaaaart attack! 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

I want to say Cheddarie. But then I’ll have to flagelate myself with a single source producers milking machine.

binners

Seeing as we’ve introduced a heat source into proceedings (and also self-flagellation), may I recommend the guilt-ridden, dirty, but oh-so-enjoyable, so-wrong-yet-sooooooo-right experience of marching into your nearest Macdonalds, and with your head held high, proudly asking the spotty teenager for a portion of mozzarella dippers!

Deep fried processed cheese. Served with a luminous red, apparently ketchup based substance labelled as salsa dip. Mmmmmmmmmmmm 🙂

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Whats the bestest bite-sized processed cheese-based snack?’ is closed to new replies.