What's the best App for OS mapping?

Home Forum Bike Forum What's the best App for OS mapping?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's the best App for OS mapping?
  • ormondroyd

I’m impressed by Viewranger

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Another vote for viewranger.

stevede

Viewranger for me too, great app, mapping is reasonably priced IMO. Would rather pay a small amount than try and rely on a dodgy free app.

ask1974

Thanks guys. Are purchases transferable between devices with Viewranger? i.e. if I purchase a map on the iPad, can I add to my iPhone without having to purchase again?

ask1974

Apple only (iPhone, iPad)

Need an App that uses 1:25k OS maps for planning and live navigation. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

scraprider

yea veiwranger very good , if you dont knoe they have a face book page which i asked about a prob i had and it was ansd in about an hour , again very good.

Premier Icon philtricklebank
    Subscriber

+1 Viewranger. Yes you can transfer the map purchases between devices. You have a VR account in the web portal and you authorise additional devices there. I do this between a Nokia N8 and an iPad, the bigger screen is used for planning routes then I sync to the N8 for field use.

1:50,000 for whole ok UK is £90, but you can just get individual tiles using a credits based system in both 1:50k and 1:25k

Think you would need to purchase the app for each device but I’m not sure how apple does things like that.

ask1974

Thanks Phil. Purchased.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's the best App for OS mapping?’ is closed to new replies.