Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's the best App for OS mapping?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Apple only (iPhone, iPad)

Need an App that uses 1:25k OS maps for planning and live navigation. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’m impressed by Viewranger

Drac

Another vote for viewranger.

stevede
    Free Member

Viewranger for me too, great app, mapping is reasonably priced IMO. Would rather pay a small amount than try and rely on a dodgy free app.

ask1974
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Are purchases transferable between devices with Viewranger? i.e. if I purchase a map on the iPad, can I add to my iPhone without having to purchase again?

scraprider
    Free Member

yea veiwranger very good , if you dont knoe they have a face book page which i asked about a prob i had and it was ansd in about an hour , again very good.

philtricklebank

+1 Viewranger. Yes you can transfer the map purchases between devices. You have a VR account in the web portal and you authorise additional devices there. I do this between a Nokia N8 and an iPad, the bigger screen is used for planning routes then I sync to the N8 for field use.

1:50,000 for whole ok UK is £90, but you can just get individual tiles using a credits based system in both 1:50k and 1:25k

Think you would need to purchase the app for each device but I’m not sure how apple does things like that.

ask1974
    Free Member

Thanks Phil. Purchased.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's the best App for OS mapping?’ is closed to new replies.