Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What's my old Orange 5 frameset worth?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

2007 vintage, pretty scruffy but sound, RP23 from 2009 ish
    2010 Rockshox Revs in good nick

dknwhy

I’ll give you £5 for it.

geoffj

£250

Yak

£275-300

molgrips
    Free Member

Hoping I can get enough to buy some kind of 29er full rigid.

ska-49
    Free Member

You’ll probably get £125 for the forks and £200-250 for the frame & shock,

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Dunno, has it still got my front mech on it? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

No that’s in my spares box, been meaning to send it back. PM me with your address!

chestrockwell

I think the £250/300 mark is about right with possibly £150 for the forks? Would have been more but from what I can see the switch to 650b/29″ across the 5 range has really hit the 26″ value, especially older ones.

Northwind

2010 revs are still, essentially, a current model. But the 26 inch is a downside… The Five is tricky because it’s a fanboi bike and that helps, but I think that’s old enough to be before they got into the whole modern wizard’s sleeve geometry? If it’s still got the 66/67 #enduro head angle then that’s a big plus I reckon.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder how much value it’d add if I had it repainted..?

seavers
    Free Member

I wonder how much value it’d add if I had it repainted..?

Don’t bother, I doubt you would get much more. Stick it on Ebay as slightly used. Expect a couple of hunge.

nwill1
    Free Member

Not that much, I like to see what I’m getting then have the option to paint it, I get concerned when someone has painted an old frame…what are they hiding??

Plus it could cost anywhere up to £250

RustySpanner

What size is it?
    🙂

jam-bo

I sold my strange five of that vintage with no shock for £100

molgrips
    Free Member

Medium, Rusty 🙂 Just changed the shock bushings too.

I said scruffy.. it is.. cable rub , a couple of paint chips and the decals are peeling off.

Northwind

Anyone considering an older Five is likely to be unfussed about a bit of cosmetic. If they want new paint, it’s better if they put their choice of new paint on it. And some people get paranoid about new paint- is it stolen, was it broken and repaired. I bet one scottish pound you’d not recoup the cost.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair point.

RustySpanner

Thanks Mol, probably need a small.

I’ll wait until full upgrade paranoia hits hard in and prices hit rock bottom.

Then I shall pounce.

JoeG
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

No that’s in my spares box, been meaning to send it back. PM me with your address!

Using the PM feature on this forum? 😆 That won’t be available until the new improved forum is unveiled in 2009! :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

PM = email!

Sionwms
    Free Member

Just out of interest if I was to sell, How much less would you sell for an Orange Five frame with poor paintwork… £100 odd pound less than frame with good condition paint? If it makes any diference it’s a 2012 model qr rear. £5-600?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok I’m selling it. £250 frame £150 forks.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What's my old Orange 5 frameset worth?’ is closed to new replies.