Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What's it worth- repaired Cotic Soda?
  • Northwind

Thinking about a new bike, and this might be the one to go to make room… But not a clue what it’s worth.

It’s a medium, 2007 model. No dents etc but it’s been cracked and repaired- Enigma Bikes rewelded and reamed the seat-tube and I’ve been bouncing around on it for about a year with no problems since.

IMG_1731 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

IMG_1337 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

IMG_1338 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

user-removed
    Free Member

Frame only, or full bike. Might well be interested…

Northwind

Could be either though I was thinking frame only- I’ve got an old carrera frame I could move all the bits onto (the current build is a bit different btw) I think it’ll probably be a while before I’d be selling, to be fair to you… Though I guess that depends on what STW thinks it’s worth 🙂

bol

Given that newish Lynskey repair-free ones seem to go for about £750, I would guess somewhere around £250.

Tom83

Shame it’s not a large.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Love my Soda.
    The beauty of Ti, Steel (even Ali) it can be repaired and if done well (like OP as done) it be fine.

Also as you repaired it AND been riding the bike with no issues, I would NOT sell it for £250

the_lecht_rocks

I think £350 / £400.

I’m sure I sold my LYNSKEY Ti456 in 1st class condition for £500 last year.

bol

I wouldn’t sell it either. I wish I’d kept mine, but life moves on.

bruneep

Ygm

hora
    Free Member

£250 IMO which I’d mean better a keeper

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You regularly talk up the merits of this and the Soul you used to have so why sell if they’re that great?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Given that newish Lynskey repair-free ones seem to go for about £750,

Do they? Seems a tad optimistic….

bol

Given that newish Lynskey repair-free ones seem to go for about £750,
    Do they? Seems a tad optimistic….

I got more than that for mine.

Northwind

Cheers folks, that’s helpful- not entirely sure Lynskey-made is much of a selling point tbh!

stevenmenmuir – Member

You regularly talk up the merits of this and the Soul you used to have so why sell if they’re that great?

Too many bikes and not enough money! I’m lucky enough to have a bunch of bikes I love but I think my Hemlock’s dying (and I cannot complain) so this’d help fund the replacement, and with my Ragley it wouldn’t leave that much of a gap. So it’d be reluctant but it does make sense if the price is right. And if not it’ll be a terrible hardship, I’ll just keep it 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That makes sense, Ragleys are only worth 50p secondhand. 😉

Northwind

Oi you! The Ragley’s one of them thar Lynskeys that the people up the page are saying are desirable 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Did Lynskey frames not have some “issues”?

Northwind

As it happens I know a chap who can fix ti frames!

But yeah, I love my Ragley but I’m pretty realistic about its long-term prospects.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth- repaired Cotic Soda?’ is closed to new replies.