Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • What's gonna make your riding better this year?
  • cookeaa

All of the above for me…

Ride more, ride more at night, ride more with mates, improve fitness and diet, re-appraise my bike setups…

Thus far I’m sort of on course, doing more night and group riding, need better fitness and diet still, and need to tweak some of the positions on my bikes…

I also need to stop buying bike unnecessary parts and just ride what I have…

A skills course could well be in order too…

mrsflash
    Free Member

I just want to keep the pedals turning for as long as I can, and then get back on as quick as I can after. I'm taking it easy and I reckon I've got another few weeks in me at least yet.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Loosing the 4 stone I want to will make my riding better..

I hope.

nedrapier

moving away from essex!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Marcus – Yeah, I'm loving my riding at the moment – Brecon will be good. But I bet you are fitter than me 😉

jd-boy
    Free Member

When the sun comes out and the trails dry out

Diane
    Free Member

Aye Paul 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Being here with one of these would help

jedi

nah, human powered down mountains all the way 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

It took long enough to get up there on one with an engine.

yunki
    Free Member

carlsberg special brew

mk1fan
    Free Member

Being chased by a rabid dog.

(Haven't read the thread, done yet?)

Sandwich

Having a job, allows me to get away (when I've been paid). Losing 12.5kg should help with uphill as well.

mboy
    Free Member

jedi – Member

maverickboy, your cornering was awesome yesterday as was your linking sections together. drop technique was spot on physically, you just need time to believe it mentally

LOL

Dunno about "awesome" there mate, but will agree I had definitely made an improvement… Can't wait to get out and practice again this weekend too!

Oh and yeah, the mental thing has always been the blocker to me, and every time I've crashed or nearly cased a jump or something, it has added to my mental block each time. Riding with you on Saturday probably lifted 70-75% of the mental block I'd say, just got to work on the last 25-30% which is probably the speed into the jumps/drops and the knowledge I can land them now I have the technique!

jedi

awesome compared to the start dood! 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

M-boy – I know you can cruise over those drops but you've got to believe you can – like Jedi said remember the times you succeeded and not those where you didn't 🙂

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

bushwacked, how you doin? i can finally post again, meant to contribute the day after our session with jedi but got into a little bother with the mods!

i didn't know i was going on the course until the night before, didn't know what to expect and was a little sceptical. as it happens it was brilliant and money well spent. went with maverickboy (now mboy) to cannock the following week and what a difference…. not concerned with little roots, ruts and trees that would have grabbed my attention before, looked further down the trail, made a mental note of what's approaching and almost instinctively tackled them while continuing looking forward.

went faster and in more control than ever before and had a whacking great smile to boot.

and that, to answer your question, is what is going to make my riding better this year 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I want to get better at downhilly stuff, so the best way to do that is to go and do it as much as possible I guess! Also need to get my fitness better so will be doing some longer XC rides.

A big problem with me is going around left-handed berms. I'm left foot forward and when I do 180s etc I spin clockwise. Going anti clockwise feels so wrong especially at speed.

Oh and I've found the best way to progress/push yourself is riding with people who egg you on, so I'm trying to get on more group rides. Main problem with that is none of my friends ride so I have to go on forum rides otherwise I'll be riding by myself!

Ponch
    Free Member

Buy a small DH / FR bike so I can keep my XC bike light like it's meant to be.

Have a week in France.

delusional
    Free Member

The summer in Whistler. And being in possession of my first proper DH bike.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

my new 'men's health cover boi' body an my stumpy

jedi

tom, dont go round them foot forward!

ahwiles
    Free Member

trowel – nice pic, on the saddle below ben lomond, yes?

i'll be riding my 24" cruiser, and replacing hours of featureless moorland bridleway with sessioning techy stuff in the woods.

sometimes both at the same time…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

dunno what mountain, but overlooking Queenstown NZ.

Northwind

For me, just a load of riding. Might possibly do a skills day, I'd like to but it's not really been possible yet- I can ride a bike OK but there's gaps in my skills/knowledge for sure. But mainly I just plan to get better by getting better and get fitter by getting fitter.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I need to spend a day or two at GT on the blue – not chasing people just getting the right technique engrained.

Getting fitter which will help.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘What's gonna make your riding better this year?’ is closed to new replies.