Home Forums Chat Forum What’s a decent number of watchers on Ebay?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What’s a decent number of watchers on Ebay?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Selling a couple of hifi bits on Ebay.

It’s a while since I have sold on there.

I’ve got 31 watchers with 5 days to go.

Is that a decent number to get a bit of a bidding war going?

zntrx
    Free Member

I’ve had 100+ watchers and one (winning) bid not so long ago.

Daffy

There’s no way to tell.  You might have 31 bidders, 30 people with a similar thing to sell and only 1 bidder or a mix of nostaglic/mildly-interested-in-worth-people, sellers and bidders.

ads678

I always assume 75% of watchers will forget about it, the other 25% is made up of people also selling stuf similar and a couple that might actually  be interested in what I’m selling….

nickjb
    Free Member

Double digits is a good sign. One or two usually means someone has the same thing and wants to know what it will sell for. Once you go over 10 there will be a few serious buyers in there. 31 sounds good and it should go for what it’s worth. I wouldn’t get too hopeful about a bidding war and a crazy final price though

Blazin-saddles

No watchers and 31 bidders are better numbers.  I find no correlation with people watching to actual buyers.

StuF

Don’t suppose the bits are a decent amp + floorstanding speakers

dyna-ti

I’ve seen stuff with 30-40 watchers on a buy it now sale, and been left thinking, ‘thats a hell of a good price, what are they waiting for’, before snapping it up myself.

On auctions i dont think it matters. Sold items that had plenty of watchers, but on end time only a couple actually bid. TBH I dont think anything can be inferred from the number watching it.

One of the reasons I put most things on buy it now, or if I had a large number of bits to sell, most were buy it now, with a handful on auction to ‘attract’ potential buyers.

On auctions, most people are paid at the end of the month, so probably the best time to have it finish is in the first few days of the next month.

gobuchul
    Free Member

@Stuf – No, they are all good. :)

Still don’t know what was going on!

I’ve just upgraded from a Wiim Pro to a Wiim Ultra. The Ultra is excellent and looks lovely as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.