Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • what xbox game should i get?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

havent played on my xbox 360 for many months and fancy a new game but no idea whats out at the moment!

Games i liked are Portal, Half life, Gears of war (only played 1st one), Halo 3, Tomb raider anniversary. (and ratchet & clank type games on the PS2) I'm not too fussed about fancy online stuff as i'm no longer a member and dont really spend enough time on it to avoid being slaughtered within the first minute everytime i play online.

Was thinking of Halo 3 or something but wondered what else is good

momo

Halo ODST just out, supposed to have very good single player gameplay, also GoW 2 can be picked up fairly cheap now as has been out for a while.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Call of Duty WaW or Call of Duty Modern Warfare are awesome

Ii also like Burnout Paradise at the mo for an older but good game

Creg

Fallout3 is very good. Wait for the GOTY edition to be released as it includes all the expansion packs on the disc.

Bioshock is worth a look, as is Assassins Creed. Sequels of both are due out very soon.

GTDave
    Free Member

Bioshock is indeed very good, as are the COD series. Batman: Arkham Asylum is good. GOW2 is much more fun than the 1st. Avoid HALO:ODST, it's very linear and rather dull.
    I never got 'into' Fallout3, it had no immediate grab factor.

Creg

FO3 is very slow to start…but I was hooked after being given the option to detonate a nuclear bomb inside a town 😈

Its worth sticking with it through the boring first bits as the game opens up really well and the expansion packs add in extra areas, new missions and weapons.

meeeee
    Free Member

cheers i'll have a look at all those suggested 🙂

smudge52
    Free Member

Operation Flashpoint if youre into war games

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Doing Flashpoint at the moment – good game, really got into it.

Dont but Need for Speed – SHIFT, its spelt wrongly, it should be spelt SHIT

baldSpot
    Free Member

Fallout3 +1

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Fallout 3 – Good ?

Ive got the game but got bored with it ? seemed to be trolling around doing nothing.. does it get good later in the game ? Im still collecting bottletops or something like that.. just seemed pretty pointless..

Kato

Friday is when Forza Motorsport 3 is out. I'm going to be losing many hours of my life to that i'm sad to say

Creg

yes it gets a lot better the more you get into it. exploration is a big part of the game so it can seem like quite a drag but the game usually throws in random buildings to raid and settlements to explore so you never go too long without finding something to do/kill. depending on your character you can end up with mercenaries after you, they have an annoying habit of cropping up when ammo is running low. you can also find plans to build your own weapons too as well as learning how to plant live grenades on people.

there is a lot of walking around outside of the DC ruins but when you get inside it gets a lot better with more missions, weapons and some fun shooting bits.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Trials HD

Best game I have purchased in a long time.

fubar
    Free Member

I'd go with Gears of War 2 if you enjoyed the first one…Halo 3 is good and I'll be looking ODST to see if it is as good. I've not played COD but 'everybody' thinks they are great. Played the Batman Arkham demo and the gameplay didn't grab me (looks nice though)…started BioShock but didn't get into it but I'm going to try again as I'm assured that it's a great game.

akira

Borderlands is coming out in a few days, looks great and a good balance of shooting with a little more depth thrown in.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Thanks Creg,

I will revisit it when I have completed FlashPoint.

brakes
    Free Member

Do you like the Call of Duty games?
    COD 6 – Modern Warfare 2 is released in a couple of weeks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘what xbox game should i get?’ is closed to new replies.